• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimper loz

First XI
Since the game yesterday i have seen numerous amounts of poor comments about Wayne Gray's performance yesterday. Now im not saying that he was very good but he was most definately not the worst player out there. I think Freddy was just as bad as wayne was, but does he get slated? of course not!

Now i admit we definately missed the Goat's presence and Gray by no means made up for us missing goater but it was his first start in 4 months, he is bound to be off form and most probably down on confidence.

I had about 3 or 4 people sitting near me moaning everytime the ball was played to wayne but i thought he was getting up to the ball very well and nodding it on into space for freddy but freddy wasnt running onto them!

For christ sakes lay off people!  
mad.gif

...............Rant over

Having spoken to Wayne after games on occasions, i know that Wayne really takes games seriously and will be beating himself up after yesterdays performance.

Still, if a fan had wished a career ending injury on me like someone did on here, i'd be close to not giving a toss. Whoever said that isn't a real fan.

well in the 1st half if he looked more intrested in the game than the feel of plonking his arse on the turf then maybe people wouldnt be moaning. when he came on at bournemouth he did the same, didnt look intrested or bothered.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper loz @ April 15 2006,19:49)]Since the game yesterday i have seen numerous amounts of poor comments about Wayne Gray's performance yesterday. Now im not saying that he was very good but he was most definately not the worst player out there. I think Freddy was just as bad as wayne was, but does he get slated? of course not!

Now i admit we definately missed the Goat's presence and Gray by no means made up for us missing goater but it was his first start in 4 months, he is bound to be off form and most probably down on confidence.

I had about 3 or 4 people sitting near me moaning everytime the ball was played to wayne but i thought he was getting up to the ball very well and nodding it on into space for freddy but freddy wasnt running onto them!

For christ sakes lay off people!  
mad.gif

...............Rant over
you type crack me up..

laugh.gif

"quick.. support the club or get out"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mate, what the hell are you on! I'm not that type at all i just feel that wayne has been unfairly picked out for criticism when the whole team were completely out of sorts yesterday, especially gower

I'm with Shrimper Loz too. Although Gray did have a poor game yesterday, some of the hysterical ranting about him on here has been embarrassing. Not that it's the first time of course. After all, just a few weeks ago we had people yelling for Goater to retire and for Maher to be dropped.

Naturally, both came good (form temporary, class permanent etc) and all I can say is that I'm glad Tilly is in charge and not some of our so-called 'fans'.

Wayne certainly isnt good enough, hasnt been all season.

That said and done the loss vs Gillingham wasnt his fault and it does feel like he is the scapegoat a little.

I have to say that in that game Goater probably would have been just as ineffective.

C'est la vie, its history, we got let off today, lets move on.

possiably the goat good of done a better job but by all means gray wasnt a bad player out there on the pitch friday , quiet the opposite there were worse players out there.
wink.gif

The whole point of this message board is to enable people to vent their spleens , give opinions , and have banter with others. It is far better to people to let off steam here than abuse players whilst they are on the pitch.
As this country still has some sort of freedom of speech (just), posters are able to put messages that are bound to cause debate and argument. That is the whole point of SZ's message board's existance. However we will not tolerate comment that could lead to court action as the current co-owners of SZ could become involved in the legal process.
The moderators can , and will , delete anything considered to be too offensive.
Some posts may be left un-edited sometimes ,if not too nasty, just to let people judge the mental capabilities of the posters.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper loz @ April 15 2006,19:49)]For christ sakes lay off people!  
mad.gif

...............Rant over
Very topical cuss there considering the time of year.

Sorry son. People pay their money as you do, so their opinions are valid I'm afraid
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper loz @ April 15 2006,19:49)]I think Freddy was just as bad as wayne was, but does he get slated? of course not!
Please. Every time Eastwood got the ball he looked likely to score.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ April 15 2006,20:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 15 2006,20:10)]you type crack me up..

laugh.gif

"quick.. support the club or get out"

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
.....  and what is wrong with those "types"   CSJ  ??
because all is not always rosey in the land of Sufc.. which most of you all think i think these are in use to often

istockphoto_407684_rose_tinted.jpg

one of the main reasons for waynes poor performance was the main fact that we tried to use him as a target man and ping balls from the full backs for him to hold up for freddy. This method may work when the goat is playing but wayne and shaun are very different players and we did not adjust to that

I don't think that we really did do that after the first ten minutes though. At the start I actually thought that Wayne was doing a decent job trying to play as a target man when it clearly isn't a role that he likes playing. But it wasn't long before we started playing the ball over the top for Gray to run onto.

Eastwood thrives with a target man alongside him because it pushes the defence back and allows him to drop deep. But for most of friday's game we stopped using Gray as a target man and instead were happy to hoof it into the channels for him to run onto which allowed the Gills defence to push up and meant that they could stick two men on Eastwood.

Am I the only one that thought Wayne was one of our better players on friday. Considering it was his first start in a while. I thought he did ok, was gettin up and holding the ball up well and making some good runs......no? just me then!
smile.gif

Back