• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News We are the Consortium buying SUFC.

reading all this i am very happy about the personnel who completed the consortium, For once i believe the club will be run within its limits. Hopefully SVC does get a seat on the board , certainly deserves it .and
he knows football which can only be of help to the others on the board. Got to admit i havent felt this positive about the club in so many years and this is going back before RM.

A consortium of wealthy fans is exactly the right ownership for our club currently. We’ve had nearly forty years with three different property developers looking at us as a big development project putting their own greed before the club. We can hopefully look to the new owners to deliver a self sustaining football club by redeveloping RH to be a more attractive venue on match days and be able to generate more income on a daily basis. This is a real opportunity for the club to start a new era.

Reactions: TSG
For me the only thingy that could **** things up after November 1st is a clash of egos/personalities within the consortium. Hope that never happens. Time for an ego watch thread!

Bob the cat Bevan and the aircraft controller were brilliant can’t remember the latters name. Still have signed photos from Jackie Charlton Fred Trueman and others.

I think the consortium make up is not just about how rich they are, it’s a very good mix of skills with success in various markets, whether it be financial success or success in building sporting structures to allow growth etc. That Aussie chap is no fool, he hasn’t just put the word out asking for anyone with a few quid to get involved, I bet he’s researched hand-picked these guys and probably badgered them for weeks until they gave in!

I think the consortium make up is not just about how rich they are, it’s a very good mix of skills with success in various markets, whether it be financial success or success in building sporting structures to allow growth etc. That Aussie chap is no fool, he hasn’t just put the word out asking for anyone with a few quid to get involved, I bet he’s researched hand-picked these guys and probably badgered them for weeks until they gave in!
My impression is more that it mostly formed itself out of necessity, we know that someone at the club introduced him to the others when he reached out.

What's interesting is that Kimura stated they were keen to work with any consortium on a bid but aren't included, my assumption is that they realised they were no longer needed due to what the others are bringing to the table, but who knows why they've decided not to get involved at any level (whether corporately or individually). Not a criticism of them at all, just surprising after their public statement of continued interest.

As for a budget for players .Cant see them splashing the cash .John stills knows what to look for in uncut dimonds that dont break the bank .To many time due to idiots they signed high wage men .Who want to get a fast buck before they retire .This cant happen again .We are in the National leauge not the prem leauge .

Back