• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
We have nothing to fear at Morecombe . What will be will be .Never mind what the other results are its now down to the team holding there nerve .The only result that will count is a victory because the one win we need will see us playing div one football next season . I heard fans leaving the ground on Saturday after the win placing us third saying .If Bury does this if Wycombe win .Who cares what they do next sat its plain as the nose on your face the only result that matters is a southend win and we are promoted UTB keep the faith :Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::happy::happy::happy:

Wish it was 4 teams went up automatic now.That way at least we would have known a win on saturday promoted us.Never been a fan of the play offs.Just seems so unfair to work hard all season then possibly get beaten by a team 10-12 points adrift.

I like the play-offs in general, but I would change them so they were :-

Match 1 : 7th v 6th.

Match 2 : Winner then plays 5th.

Match 3 : Winner then plays 4th at Wembley.

We are in a win-win situation. If we go up on Saturday then great, if not we have a great pay day at Wembley to look forward too.

We have nothing to fear at Morecombe . What will be will be .Never mind what the other results are its now down to the team holding there nerve .The only result that will count is a victory because the one win we need will see us playing div one football next season . I heard fans leaving the ground on Saturday after the win placing us third saying .If Bury does this if Wycombe win .Who cares what they do next sat its plain as the nose on your face the only result that matters is a southend win and we are promoted UTB keep the faith :Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::happy::happy::happy:
Yes yes yes yes to this:whistling:

I like the play-offs in general, but I would change them so they were :-

Match 1 : 7th v 6th.

Match 2 : Winner then plays 5th.

Match 3 : Winner then plays 4th at Wembley.

brilliant concept. They'd never go for it though.... More likely accepted would be playoff first legs are only one leg and played at ground of higher placed side. Final at Wembley ...

What like the last two years?

The best option for the club would be to lose at Wembley. We could look forward to a good season with 3 or 4 good signings with the money from the play-offs.

The best option for the club would be to lose at Wembley. We could look forward to a good season with 3 or 4 good signings with the money from the play-offs.

You are joking, please tell me you are.

You are joking, please tell me you are.

No I'm not. With a further stadium delay it means if we get promoted in 3rd place we would be somewhere around 19th or 20th in the L1 finance standings. So it would be only a matter time before relegation.

^^
What a loads of crap!! Our fan base would be in top 10, as we are sort of club where crowds always rise when things goes well!

We have Adam Barrett who would gee everyone up before the kick off, saying its time to make history!

The only fear I have is player nerves. Fortunately I think the mental strength of the entire squad and management team is phenomenal. As for the play offs we knew the format so no use talking different scenarios. I like them. Keeps most games with something to play for almost until the last game of the season. I can remember life without them

I think our lads have had a problem with big games in the last couple of seasons.....that seems to have been overcome now, bury was a biggie and Luton was immense.

No I'm not. With a further stadium delay it means if we get promoted in 3rd place we would be somewhere around 19th or 20th in the L1 finance standings. So it would be only a matter time before relegation.

Lifes too short to think that like that. We play to win and dare to dream. What a load of utter cobblers...

and the last time we got promoted from league 2 we finished where in league 1 on a small budget? ;-)

If we don't go up this season then we could lose several of our current squad there for having a weaker side next season.

brilliant concept. They'd never go for it though.... More likely accepted would be playoff first legs are only one leg and played at ground of higher placed side. Final at Wembley ...

I understand it is used in other sports. Might be US based or Rugby Union, not sure.

There would be the same number of matches (five) as under the current play-off rules, so TV revenue wouldn't suffer and obviously, the higher you finish, the more advantageous it is, making it a fairer system.

and the last time we got promoted from league 2 we finished where in league 1 on a small budget? ;-)

If we don't go up this season then we could lose several of our current squad there for having a weaker side next season.

When we go up from bottom tier we don't hang around in one division. FACT ! Anyone got stats on successive 4-2 tier ? Anyone done it 3 times in a row? We keep breaking records why not !

Back