• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We Have Trialists

March 2005

Mark Wright revealed that embarking on a Youth Cup run that has taken our under-18s to the semi-finals is a dream they didn't really anticipate.

The left full-back produced another strong display against Watford in the last-eight tie at Vicarage Road on Thursday evening, the latest in a run of Cup wins that has also seen the boys overcome Nottingham Forest, Liverpool and Everton.

"It's brilliant, isn't it?" smiled last season's under-17 skipper after the 2-0 win over the Hornets. "All the boys are happy in the changing room and it is quality.

"It was more of a battling game, especially in the second half and they got at us in the last ten minutes or so. The boys stuck together and we played brilliantly.

"Getting to the semi-finals will be a brilliant experience and it will be a dream we didn't really expect."

Coach Pat Holland praised the character of the 18-year-old for putting personal disappointment to one side for the sake of the team.

"If you look at Mark Wright, who released a month ago, showing that sort of attitude and having a fine game," he enthused. "That pleases me more than anything.

"We had a similar situation with a boy called Ian Hillier when I first came in seven years ago. He just dug in and won a contract at the end of it. It might not be like that for Mark, but he showed great resilience and great character.

"He is one of those popular boys in the dressing room who is always chirpy. It knocked the wind out of his sails at first and you would expect that, but he has gone out and really performed. Hopefully someone out there likes him and gives him a contract.

"He has done it all the right way and there is a lot to be said for that."

For his part Mark insists the FA Youth Cup provides the ideal platform to progress his career from.

"It doesn't really affect me," he reflected. "I've just got to keep my head high, carry on and get other clubs watching me. The Youth Cup will help because a lot of people watch and it has helped my confidence playing in a winning side."

C'mon. I was kind of right. I said we were after a player from Spurs a month or so back.

Kevin "In The Know" Talbott

biggrin.gif

"Meanwhile, Spurs left-back Mark Wright is also seeking a contract at the South Essex side after failing to make the grade at the North Long side"
biggrin.gif

The Serb looks a Nasty piece of work... Nice to see him at Centre Back with Adam The Machine Barrett... If he's any good of course...

I do not want to put a downer on this for you all, but last season every tialist that we had was shocking, i hope these are the real deal, i really do, but lets not get too confident yet

Well its nice to see a bit of movement in the transfer market finally!..

The Serb looks a big old unit, best part of 6'5 tall!..and only 22....surprised Lincoln aint after him?!..

Looks like he plays at a top flight Serb side FK Zeleznik, mixing it with the likes of Red Star belgrade during the season. Also he seems to have been at Auxerre for a while too and has played in the UEFA Cup.

Promising...

smile.gif

It's good to see us trying out some new players. Both these guys sound pretty good, let's hope they live up to it and Tilly signs them on!

Hopefully if he's good enough Wright can be the perfect competition for Che at LB, which I think we'd all agree we need someone to cover in as Nicky Nic is definitely not a full-back!
rock.gif

In the case of Jozic it looks pretty promising given the fact he has a good pedigree given that he's ex-Serbia & Montenegro U21 and has also played for Franfurt and Auxerre in his short career. The fact he's a bit of a "Lurch" could also prove useful during the course of a season too....
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ July 06 2005,19:44)]Hopefully if he's good enough Wright can be the perfect competition for Che at LB, which I think we'd all agree we need someone to cover in as Nicky Nic is definitely not a full-back!
rock.gif

In the case of Jozic it looks pretty promising given the fact he has a good pedigree given that he's ex-Serbia & Montenegro U21 and has also played for Franfurt and Auxerre in his short career. The fact he's a bit of a "Lurch" could also prove useful during the course of a season too....
tounge.gif
Quite like what I have read about Mark Wright so far. Got to be worth at least a short term contract I think

Jozic may be a different story? how's his English?

Yep - both sound very promising indeed... especially the 6'5" Serb!! Anyone who has been at Auxerre and Eintracht Frankfurt has presumably got something about him; and ditto Wright... our ex-Spurs boys have tended to be pretty good, on the whole:

*Kevin Maher
*Mark Gower; and of course
*David Lee

tounge.gif

Nice work, Tilly.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 07 2005,10:02)]Anyone who has been at Auxerre and Eintracht Frankfurt has presumably got something about him
On the flip side, why has he been at Auxerre and Eintracht Frankfurt already yet ended up returning home and why would he rather stick around in 3rd tier English football?

At the AGM last night, Tilly mentioned he had a lad in from Maldon Town, anyone know anything about him???

Paul Goodacre aged about 19 who is a defender.

Che was there this morning as was Danny Kerrigan who is training with the squad for a couple of days.
wink.gif

Back