• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We love you Jenks xxx

Apparently Jenks got MOM in a Crawley Town friendly!

The reason - He has finally found his level!

He was never good enough for Southend, despite scoring some good goals in his first season, and would have trouble passing water!

The fact he was an England under-20 player says a lot about the huge amount of imports at the top level of our game now!

Bring on the backlash!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 16 2004,10:26)]The fact he was an England under-20 player says a lot about the huge amount of imports at the top level of our game now!
England under-20 means sod-all.

Quite. Of the levels below senior, under-21 is the only one of note. The rest are mince.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ July 16 2004,10:30)]Quite. Of the levels below senior, under-21 is the only one of note. The rest are mince.
Have you ever got in one of those England under so and so sides?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ July 16 2004,10:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ July 16 2004,10:30)]Quite. Of the levels below senior, under-21 is the only one of note. The rest are mince.
Have you ever got in one of those England under so and so sides?  
rock.gif
Wouldn't want to!

Am i write in saying that Phil Whelan got capped at England u 21 level, might be wrong but thought i read it somewhere.

If so , going by his age he must of played along side some very good players who later became England regulars.

What i meant by that last post is that somtimes its a thin line as to those who make it big time and those players that just drift down into the lower leagues.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper magic @ July 16 2004,10:56)]Am i write in saying that Phil Whelan got capped at England u 21 level, might be wrong but thought i read it somewhere.
yes he did and somewhere there's a photo of Kev the geezer with a monkey on his head (former Eire Under-21) shaking hands with one of the Nevilles before a FA Youth Cup final between Spurs and Man U.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ July 16 2004,10:36)]Have you ever got in one of those England under so and so sides?  
rock.gif
No, course I haven't. They're still mince though. Full of lower division players.

Back