• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We only have three weeks to sort this out..

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
We now have only 3 weeks left until our first friendly match against Ipswich.

We still dont know who is staying or who is going.

There has been no statement of intent from the board or from tilly.

There have been no rumblings about getting out of this embargo or what we are going to do to boost this thread bare squad in time to be able to field a league side.

All we know is that we are supposed to sign up for seaso's and just wait and see. Sorry Ron thats not good enough. We need answers.

Just what the **** is happening with the club. Are we likely to go out of business ? Is tilly still going to remain in charge? How are we going to get a team ready for the forthcoming campaign?

How about an official statement.

I am fed up of the silence from the club, nothing, no news, only a statment the other day telling us that Barrett is on the transfer list, which I think really sums up just how much of a state this club is in tbh. Come on, the pre-season is fast approaching, and not even a whisper from the club. The silence is deafening, we need answers Ron, and fast!

So this is where we are... (Please change if there are any errors)

I make it we have 11 contracted players. Of which 4 of those are now transfer listed. We have offered new deals to 3 players some time ago. None of them have signed...

Under contract - 11 players (1 GK, 3 Def, 4 Mid, 3 Fwd)

Mildenhall 2011 (3year deal 2008) TRANSFER LISTED

Francis 2011 (3yr deal 2008) TRANSFER LISTED
Barrett 2012 (4.5 year deal 2008) TRANSFER LISTED
Herd 2011 (1yr deal 2010)

McCormack 2011 (3yr deal 2008) TRANSFER LISTED
Grant 2012 (2.5 yr deal Oct 09)
Christophe 2011 (2.5 yr deal Jan 2009)
O'Keefe 2011 (3yr deal Nov 2008 )

Laurent 2011 (2.5yr deal Dec 2008)
Paterson 2012 (2.5yr deal Jan 2010)
Crawford 2012 (2yr deal 2010)

Out of Contract

Spencer 2010 / 2011 (6mth deal Jan 2010 - but option for another year) **NEW DEAL OFFERED**
Moussa 2010 (1yr extension, 2009) **NEW DEAL OFFERED**
Scannell 2010 (2.5 yr deal Jan 2008)**NEW DEAL OFFERED**

Last edited:
Back in the day we had very little or no communication with the club, I suspect most are out on some suntan availability at this moment, things should start to pick up come mid July....meantime take some time off from southend enjoy the world cup, take a break and then come back in July......UTB

Its a total farce.

It was obvious the senior players would want out but the lack of movement from us, the lack of comment from Ron, the lack of Mays wages. Were fast becoming the joke of the league.

I also thought we had read Crawford not yet signed his deal?

Last edited:
Also Tilly not signed his contract that Uncle Rons offered, and no sign of an assistant manager. Meet the Blues day is gonna be fun!

I am fed up of the silence from the club, nothing, no news, only a statment the other day telling us that Barrett is on the transfer list, which I think really sums up just how much of a state this club is in tbh. Come on, the pre-season is fast approaching, and not even a whisper from the club. The silence is deafening, we need answers Ron, and fast!

I thought the club were being quite candid with the information regarding the embargo and the redundancys.

I don't know what you want the club to say that they havent already? There is no news at the moment other than the very poor state of the club and we knew that already.

ok chaps here is the stone cold truth, we will be playing a youth team next season, have heard this from a very very good source, would never reveal who etc etc, if you wanna make a few quid I would lump some on us for relegation, sorry and all that folks, we may even be stuck with the lads who do want out as no one in league one is prepared to pay them the amount we do and they certainly wont take pay cuts

It's ok though because way back in January Ron said our PFA loan was only short term and that the embargo was a temporary thing:-

And Martin also insisted that the transfer embargo would not hit Blues hard.

“The downside in loans being facilitated by the PFA is that it attracts an embargo but with just a couple of weeks before the window closes, at this present time, is not an impediment,” said Martin.

Care to change this statement Ron?

RM is not at work at the moment but recovering from an operation...so I have been told.

Which gives me an idea for a poll..;)

It's ok though because way back in January Ron said our PFA loan was only short term and that the embargo was a temporary thing:-

And Martin also insisted that the transfer embargo would not hit Blues hard.

“The downside in loans being facilitated by the PFA is that it attracts an embargo but with just a couple of weeks before the window closes, at this present time, is not an impediment,” said Martin.

Care to change this statement Ron?

He actually said that it would definitely be paid back 5 weeks after we received the loan.......... Doh.

ok chaps here is the stone cold truth, we will be playing a youth team next season, have heard this from a very very good source, would never reveal who etc etc, if you wanna make a few quid I would lump some on us for relegation, sorry and all that folks, we may even be stuck with the lads who do want out as no one in league one is prepared to pay them the amount we do and they certainly wont take pay cuts

I've got to say, with the way things are looking I wouldn't be surprised if that's true. :(

Back