• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We Thought Protests Were Bad

I've been following the issues at Oldham for some time. The chairman is crazy, banning fans for making any negative comments towards him on social media, no matter how mild. Ironically he banned fans from travelling away as well when he can't legally do that.

At least he's willing to sell though and knows he's not welcome.

Bullets etc are clearly not the right thing to do though and I don't condone that.

It's safe to say he isn't a popular owner, and he's not done a good job since taking over at Oldham. He's put the club up for sale so hopefully for Oldham fans they can find new ownership to keep the club going as it's a good club with a proud history.

Don't underestimate the racial element behind this as well

They're not too big for the National League ... but they are far too big for oblivion !

Will they be the first Prem side to be relegated from the football league?

Don't underestimate the racial element behind this as well
Or it could be simply down to the pathetic and awful ownership including banning fans that are too critical of the regime? Dictatorial behaviour in charge of a football club doesn't look good to anyone.

No idea how you can see this through a racial lens, I think he's given the fans, staff and players enough reasons to want him gone before they'd ever have to resort to tactics such as racism ?

What makes you say that?

It's not just the fans who don't want the chairman there, it's also the players and managerial team, all of whom were at one stage were going to stage a walk-out of their own.
He's been subject to racist abuse. I expect the venn diagram of those who send racist abuse and those who send bullets and death threats to overlap somewhat.

He's been subject to racist abuse. I expect the venn diagram of those who send racist abuse and those who send bullets and death threats to overlap somewhat.
Ah ok, I didn't see any mention of racial abuse in the article. If true, that's of course very wrong no matter how bad of a chairman he may be!

Back