• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wealdstone FC 1-2 Southend Utd

For teams wanting to change the way they play Collin’s a really interesting prospect because he’s a modern style keeper.

Every team is now wanting to play out from the back but the experienced keepers (in this country at least) haven’t grown up playing like that so aren’t as adept in playing that way.

If you’re a new manager and you want to switch to a modern style of play you’re going to need a keeper like Andeng Ndi and a centre-half like Kensdale. And from what I’ve seen there aren’t that many keepers like Collin about. Contrast him to Nick Hayes who I really liked as a keeper but I felt Collin was the more rounded package. I thought Hayes looked like he’d improved that part of his game when he played against us for Solihull but he’s still way behind with the ball at his feet.

Being a rare prospect with in demand skills could see his value rocket. I think he’s probably a season away though. Despite the 22 clean sheets he’s only just passed 50 appearances. Keep another 30 clean sheets en route to promotion next season and then earn a move to a Championship club.

For teams wanting to change the way they play Collin’s a really interesting prospect because he’s a modern style keeper.

Every team is now wanting to play out from the back but the experienced keepers (in this country at least) haven’t grown up playing like that so aren’t as adept in playing that way.

If you’re a new manager and you want to switch to a modern style of play you’re going to need a keeper like Andeng Ndi and a centre-half like Kensdale. And from what I’ve seen there aren’t that many keepers like Collin about. Contrast him to Nick Hayes who I really liked as a keeper but I felt Collin was the more rounded package. I thought Hayes looked like he’d improved that part of his game when he played against us for Solihull but he’s still way behind with the ball at his feet.

Being a rare prospect with in demand skills could see his value rocket. I think he’s probably a season away though. Despite the 22 clean sheets he’s only just passed 50 appearances. Keep another 30 clean sheets en route to promotion next season and then earn a move to a Championship club.
Yes, a different type of keeper suited to the modern day way of playing but, in terms of stature and confidence (and vocal in organising the defence) at such a young age, reminds me a lot of DB.

Shot stopping reminds of Flavs at his best . What an improvement this term and yet still more to come.

He’s going to make the club a lot of money one day. Thanks Tilly for spotting him. His performance last night was almost flawless . One dodgy punch in the second half but saves, catches from crosses and distribution spot on. MOM 9 out 10. Critical to us going up next year.

Guess you werent there and no surprise you are trying to pin it on me? Im Shrimperjon and can confirm it defo wasnt me. I always get behind the team but would never cristicise those that have travelled whether they sing or not. Im pretty certain its Guy that you are referring to. Wouldnt be the first time and was very vocal at Oxford regarding the same issue
Any Guy or some proper Guy ?

Back