• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wealdstone FC 1-2 Southend Utd

I wonder when EFL clubs will start sniffing around Collin. Hope he's on a long contract as we don't want to be losing him for free. Has to be a player of the season contender.

How nice to have a good debate about player of the season, not exactly been a sticking point the last 3 or 4 seasons. Colin, Taylor, Ralph, Gus, Cards or Bridge could easily claim the honour.
Collin did an amazing double save last night, and has improved immensely during the season. But for me, it's called Player Of The Season for a reason. Collin has probably been player of the last two months, but not the whole season. There were many on here calling for a new goalkeeper, or for Dave Martin to carry on the first half of the season. Thankfully, Collin is going to be great from the off next season, which will make us even harder to beat. Also, Collin's also really improved on his kicking and short passes through throwing or kicking at the right time, and not putting the defender under so much pressure as he often did the start of the season. He's using his brain more. Ralph, Kensdale, Taylor, and Cardwell have been the most consistent performers over the whole season. With Gus, Miley and Noor close behind, but have had the odd stinker.

Collin did an amazing double save last night, and has improved immensely during the season. But for me, it's called Player Of The Season for a reason. Collin has probably been player of the last two months, but not the whole season. There were many on here calling for a new goalkeeper, or for Dave Martin to carry on the first half of the season. Thankfully, Collin is going to be great from the off next season, which will make us even harder to beat. Also, Collin's also really improved on his kicking and short passes through throwing or kicking at the right time, and not putting the defender under so much pressure as he often did the start of the season. He's using his brain more. Ralph, Kensdale, Taylor, and Cardwell have been the most consistent performers over the whole season. With Gus, Miley and Noor close behind, but have had the odd stinker.
Has to be Cards for me. Without him we’d have gone down IMHO. Him being able to keep himself fit while running himself into the ground every game is remarkable, especially given how many injuries he had season before. Goes for all of them really but for me without Cards we’d have really, really struggled.

What is it you think he will do to achieve that?
He probably referring to the takeover not been completed by start next season and potential off field issues arising. He does have point when you factor in our off field issues which currently still exist. Until this takeover is 100% done we still face uncertainty in my opinion. With the rat still as owner you just know there will be more disappointments ahead.

...and that's why one has to respect different opinions.
One that really matters is Kev's.
As I understand it, he's yet to offer Wes a new contract.
Can kev offer anyone a deal ? With ongoing ownership issues and winding up order I would imagine his hands are tied regardless Whether wes is good player or not.

I wonder when EFL clubs will start sniffing around Collin. Hope he's on a long contract as we don't want to be losing him for free. Has to be a player of the season contender.
Think his runs until 2026

Can kev offer anyone a deal ? With ongoing ownership issues and winding up order I would imagine his hands are tied regardless Whether wes is good player or not.
Possibly, but he offered new deals to others before the latest winding-up, and that seemed telling.

Possibly, but he offered new deals to others before the latest winding-up, and that seemed telling.
I would imagine people above have told kev we can't allocate any budget for signings or offering contracts until the takeover is finalised. The fact that the club hasn't even got season tickets available for sale isn't great interms of potential budget for kev to do business early.

He probably referring to the takeover not been completed by start next season and potential off field issues arising. He does have point when you factor in our off field issues which currently still exist. Until this takeover is 100% done we still face uncertainty in my opinion. With the rat still as owner you just know there will be more disappointments ahead.
You may be right, but I just wanted to know why @Mr Browns Ghost would post without any flesh on the bones.

...and that's why one has to respect different opinions.
One that really matters is Kev's.
As I understand it, he's yet to offer Wes a new contract.

Wes HAS been offered a new deal. I won’t go into all the ins and outs with it, as it’s not fair, but there is a contract on the table for Wes.

Same with Gus, but we will take up his option of an extra year worse ways.

Two great goals and some great saves again from Collin earned us 3 points against Wealdstone who really went for it.

However we were too often sloppy in possession and kept the ball in the first half without creating any meaningful chances.

I thought Wes was woeful when he came on and Dackers not much better. If this was the two of them playing for a contract for next season - cheerio!

The fact that we’re still mathematically able to make the playoffs with 2 games left is nothing short of a miracle given all that has gone on thisI

Wes HAS been offered a new deal. I won’t go into all the ins and outs with it, as it’s not fair, but there is a contract on the table for Wes.

Same with Gus, but we will take up his option of an extra year worse ways.
The Gus one is an interesting one. Surely his year extension will be on less terms than the new one being offered? Seems strange for him to not accept the new one but be happy with having a year extended on current terms. Unless he is waiting for an offer higher up. Understandable if so.

The Gus one is an interesting one. Surely his year extension will be on less terms than the new one being offered? Seems strange for him to not accept the new one but be happy with having a year extended on current terms. Unless he is waiting for an offer higher up. Understandable if so.
Perhaps he isn't waiting for an offer. Might be running down his contract to just the year option allowing any clubs to come in and make the a transfer offer which would tie in with a potential offer that might have been discussed already 🤔

Perhaps he isn't waiting for an offer. Might be running down his contract to just the year option allowing any clubs to come in and make the a transfer offer which would tie in with a potential offer that might have been discussed already 🤔
I would be sad to see Gus go as i like his endeavor and williness to put his body on the line with the way he plays, he's extremely hard working and a great Pro at this level . Reminds a lot of Carl Pettefer but with some more goals to his game

However in this league ive seen a few wingers that have impressed myself and would be one area where we could find a suitable replacement if the worse was to happen

Back