• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wealdstone FC 1-2 Southend Utd

Poor performance, but three points taken. We’re not finishing in the play-offs this season partly because of a 10 point deduction but also because there have been multiple other games where we failed to take three points off poor teams. That’s not going to change next season unless we are more tactically flexible - there have been subtle signs in the last few games of us loosening up a little, and not looking for Jack Bridge with every ball - but this may be a close season to cash in on some players (assuming there are offers) and try some new faces. Not 11 - but 2 or 3.

Atmosphere also ruined last night by some clown of a fan desperate to start a fight with his own. We weren’t singing loud enough for him, apparently - so we spent most of the first half calling everyone within earshot w******. Don’t know about the second half - I moved. Well done to those around him for not filling him in, even though that’s probably what was needed. Clearly didn’t have any mates with him who felt able to ‘have a word’.

Atmosphere also ruined last night by some clown of a fan desperate to start a fight with his own. We weren’t singing loud enough for him, apparently - so we spent most of the first half calling everyone within earshot w******. Don’t know about the second half - I moved. Well done to those around him for not filling him in, even though that’s probably what was needed. Clearly didn’t have any mates with him who felt able to ‘have a word’.
I wonder if I can guess who that was? Often to be seen trying to gee our support up, but in a quite annoying way.

Haven’t seen the highlights yet but even if it was a bit rough round the edges, win is a win and knowing what our first 11 is each week now will only help to improve things.

Delighted for Miley he needed that well done Colin and of course the mighty away support “AGAIN”.

He was being a complete **** last night calling out everybody else out as being not worthy whilst the reality is he should have more lemonade with his drinks in future.
Our away support this season has been superb, but more and more there has been the occasional **** that behaves like this. It's actually been partially instrumental in us not going to away games any more. You reach an age when you realise that it's not worth the wear and tear on the old bod.

Bring calld a w***** always ensures I sing a bit louder. I'm surprised it's not used in more settings to motivate people. In fact I believe if everyone was called a w***** whilst doing their job this country's GDP would increase by at least 27%.

Didn't manage to catch the game but kept up to date by notifications. When we went 1-0 down half expected the worst. We pull it back to 1-1 just before half time and I then head to the match thread every 5 minutes to read updates. We then get our noses in front and I then spend the rest of the night patiently awaiting the next update. Sounds like Collin made a good couple of saves at the death to get us that win.

Last edited:
Hasn't Wes already signed? I like him though and just had a bad night as did a few others!
Not sure Dackers is the answer but to be fair he has put in some good displays!
For a short while, I kept a tally of Wes's contributions: he lost the ball twice in possession; offside, when getting forward down the left; one pass sideways that held up the move; and one stab out of defence.
Now, there could be more, and maybe others will remind, but for 34 minutes, that's not a lot, eh?

This style of football is so spot on, driving at oppositions tearing them apart, Miley’s goal shows we can easily do it, plus Kensdale was back to his normal self by running at defences. It’s so key in this league to have a bit of individual brilliance.

Cardwell and Waldron worked especially hard tonight and I think Colin genuinely deserves player of the season.

14 unbeaten is some record too.

We got 3 points which is a positive and scored when we actually decided to run at them.

The game was quite pedestrian at times with that usual casual play around the back.

It's highly unlikely we will make the play offs but would be nice to take it to the last day.

Miley is looking like his old self again but he needs to get the ball forward instead of his usual sideways passing. Great finish from him, which begs the question. Why doesn't he and other midfielders drive and shoot more often.

Colin did what he does. He is so far improved from when he first came in. He is excellent for his age.

We nearly threw it away at the end by going so deep and squandering possession.

We will have to be far more ruthless next season and sign some more attacking options if we are serious about top spot or at least top 3

Can’t argue with any of this. We’re such a good team when we’re direct, we just don’t do it enough

He's right - and well done to Collin and the coaching team.
If he gets offers from higher up, hopefully he'll remember what an improvement he's made by playing week in, week out - last thing he needs is being stuck is someone's development squad. The money is good in those development squads though.

How nice to have a good debate about player of the season, not exactly been a sticking point the last 3 or 4 seasons. Colin, Taylor, Ralph, Gus, Cards or Bridge could easily claim the honour.

For a short while, I kept a tally of Wes's contributions: he lost the ball twice in possession; offside, when getting forward down the left; one pass sideways that held up the move; and one stab out of defence.
Now, there could be more, and maybe others will remind, but for 34 minutes, that's not a lot, eh?

It's not - he had a bad day at the office. Happens to all of us sometimes.

Yep - I was doing pretty much the same, we were in with Wealdstone fans along the side of the pitch on our left hand side so had a good view of Wes.

He contributed barely anything and what riled me more was his lack of effort in chasing back. Cardwell played the whole game and even in injury time was busting a gut to get back and cover whilst Wes was half-heartedly jogging around.

He has moments when he can look like a world beater, but unfortunately they’re rare and his effort is where the problem is for me.

Last night that’s what we needed and if Kev sent him on to say “show me what you can do and why I should give you a new contract” then Wes blew the opportunity last night as it was simply not up to the required standard and didn’t match our other 10 players on the pitch. Even Dackers put more effort in!

Last night that’s what we needed and if Kev sent him on to say “show me what you can do and why I should give you a new contract” then Wes blew the opportunity last night as it was simply not up to the required standard and didn’t match our other 10 players on the pitch. Even Dackers put more effort in!
Or alternatively, Wes realises and accepts that a new contract isn't going to be forthcoming, so the absolute last thing he wants to do is get injured or he'll be out of a job in a few weeks?

Has had a good season for us. Don't knock him on one display.

Feels like there are so many contenders for player of the season, that for one year only, it's the whole squad that gets the award as they all deserve recognition for this ridiculously hindered season.
What award does Ron the Rat deserve?

Back