• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Week 12

The General

The Mouse (*)
Big big big game for me today. I sit 5th and play the team who are 4th. My hardest game of the season as my last 2 games seeing me play 6th and 7th. Win today and i shouldn't have to bare the relegation decider and could end up finishing in 3rd!

I'm GFI today against 4th, if I lose this I'm down as I wont win next week and have inferior NRR to 6th by some way. However, win today and a victory on the last day will give us a play-off. Either way we'll be IV next season.

Going down automatically could be a good thing anyway - more likely to be a weaker league if the team replacing me got into the top half of the promotion table.

I'm playing the leaders, I'm TIE and expecting to lose, although our ratings aren't far apart. Should win my last 2 games which will enable me to finish in the top 4 which is very pleasing.

Mrs BB is top and is playing 2nd, but she should win, and therefore guarantee promotion back to IV.

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Gatley

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this sunny day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cellar Door v DIBS DIPPERS

We can tell you that Cellar Door won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this partially cloudy and humid day.

Men o Wight v ShrimperZone CC

We can tell you that Men o Wight won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking like a road. As flat as a pancake. No help for the bowlers on this partially cloudy and humid day.

Lost the crucial toss. Am now 23-4 and lost 2 of my wickets thanks to run-outs. Thank good i bat down to 9. Winning the toss and bowling first in this league seems a huge thing and that hasn't gone with me today!

:(

Not a bad start, although he has an England U19 lurking at 5

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Gatley

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 15: 59-2, runrate=3.93
Prasad 3-0-14-1
Cester* 1 (2 balls)
Cramer 7 (9 balls)

Last Wicket: Swartz c. Evelyn b. Prasad 26 (FOW: 58/2)

Cellar Door won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 16: 88-0, runrate=5.50
Mcmaster 3-0-28-0
Potter* 30 (38 balls)
Eagles 57 (58 balls)

Mr B's much vaunted bowling attack is steamrollering through another lot of hapless individuals

Men o Wight won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Flat

End of Over 16: 41-6, runrate=2.56
Sutherland 3-1-10-1
Kilkenny* 0 (3 balls)
Sidwell 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Hollingsworth Run Out 6 (FOW: 41/6)

almost got them out

End of Over 18: 53-6, runrate=2.94
Van niekerk 4-0-12-3
Delaney* 1 (1 balls)
Sandhu 4 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Kempson c & b. Van niekerk 0 (FOW: 48/6)

possibly the world's most boring game of cricket taking place at Pettefershire CCC... J-Mac is clearly loving it with the ball

End of Over 22: 59-3, runrate=2.68
Mackin 6-4-4-0
Wainwright* 12 (20 balls)
Hammond 14 (40 balls)
Last Wicket: Kelly lbw b. Cairns 0 (FOW: 31/3)

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Gatley

End of Over 25: 103-2, runrate=4.12
Middleton 3-0-6-0
Cramer* 36 (40 balls)
Cester 14 (31 balls)

Last Wicket: Swartz c. Evelyn b. Prasad 26 (FOW: 58/2)

Anything could happen from here, but it lloks like I'll be chasing 250.

End of Over 25: 133-0, runrate=5.32
Horstead 6-0-35-0
Eagles* 73 (74 balls)
Potter 58 (76 balls)

End of Over 25: 68-8, runrate=2.72
Sajjad 6-2-21-3
Sidwell* 19 (25 balls)
Wyman 0 (10 balls)

Last Wicket: Sargeant b. Sajjad 1 (FOW: 49/8)

Disappointing start for me. In partially cloudy and humid conditions my openers & first change have to do better than one wicket in the opening 20. Fortunately since then my spinner has picked up two and they are now 68-4. Most of their batsman are rabbits, but they have one very good who is still there. They also have one excellent bowler with a battrick rating of 175,000 and wages of £70,000+, so I'd rather not have too many to chase.

Disappointing start for me. In partially cloudy and humid conditions my openers & first change have to do better than one wicket in the opening 20. Fortunately since then my spinner has picked up two and they are now 68-4. Most of their batsman are rabbits, but they have one very good who is still there. They also have one excellent bowler with a battrick rating of 175,000 and wages of £70,000+, so I'd rather not have too many to chase.
Loved the name of your oppo's bat YB (Mqabukonyongolo), can't imagine his surname gets confused with anyone else's :p

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Gatley

End of Over 40: 178-3, runrate=4.45
Schoeman 10-0-59-1
Cester* 56 (86 balls)
Howard 25 (26 balls)

Last Wicket: Cramer b. Middleton 39 (FOW: 113/3)

End of Over 39: 234-1, runrate=6.00
Esterhuizen 8-0-34-1
Stride* 35 (32 balls)
Potter 107 (120 balls)

Last Wicket: Eagles b. Esterhuizen 83 (FOW: 146/1)

End of Over 2: 10-0, runrate=5.00, reqrunrate=1.67 (89-10)
Sidwell 1-0-5-0
Askew* 7 (7 balls)
Cook 2 (5 balls)

Almost there

End of Over 6: 50-0, runrate=8.33, reqrunrate=1.16 (100-10)
Hamshaw 3-0-29-0
Jefferson* 19 (15 balls)
Murray 26 (21 balls)

I made 181. Jackman 9 not out from 14 balls. He might be upto number 10 after that!

Need some good tight bowling early on from Raven and some Jackman bloke!

Back