• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Weirdest Conversations.....

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
What has been the weirdest or strangest conversation you've had during a footie game? Mine has to be at Orient away this season, when me and Wessex Blue had a chat about Irish Politics, for some reason.......
rock.gif

weidest conversation has to be a night over Hainault Forest with 3 freinds tripping madly...and we had a football so it must count. We suddenly became aware of a large UFO on the horizon that grew and seemed to spread like a large blob, we were transfixed talking about end time prophecies and saying how much we loved each other and life had been good so we shouldn't complain.
It, was the moon.
Of course aftwerwards we all pretended we knew it was the moon and that being hard b@st@rds we didn't really mean we loved each other cause geezers don't say that.
Staring death in the face produces some very profound conversation

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ April 20 2004,12:33)]What has been the weirdest or strangest conversation you've had during a footie game? Mine has to be at Orient away this season, when me and Wessex Blue had a chat about Irish Politics, for some reason.......  
rock.gif
It wasn't weird, I was just talking b******s after having too many shandies before the match.
smile.gif

wasn't during a game but for some reason in Glamorgan university union bar after the Mill Stad game, somehow my mates started a chant "if you've all f**ked pete's sister clap your hands" (i'm pete) and i got quite worried when all the yocals joined in and at the end everyone in the bar was singing it with the obvious exception of me. was lucky i detest my sister or that would have been annoying! mind you, that whole weekend was weird - i mean, how many of you passed out from pain the night of southend's first ever major cup final?! that's one for the photo album!

At Macclesfield this year with Luke Bosman, the TLG boys, trueblue and blue partridge regarding Aldershot and Accrington.

On the North Bank at Highbury (when it used to be a terrace, and when I was in the habit of chalking up my tally of grounds visited), where during a particularly boring afternoon's football, the chap behind me gave a long and extremely amusing answer to his girlfriend's question: "Why is David Seaman wearing cycling shorts?"

The little group of 20 or so fans standing around him got by far the most entertainment at Highbury that afternoon, in what was quite the dullest 2-0 win (over Everton) I've ever seen.

Still, that was the George Graham way... never let football get in the way of a result...

Matt

I had a chat with my mate about the precise date that the scallydelic Madchester era ended. I reckoned the true spirit was gone even by the time The Charlatans released Some Friendly. The crux of the debate focussed around whether bands like My Jealous God or the early OCS or the Hollow men could be appreciated in the same light as Rig, The Bridewell Taxis, Northside (sing L.D.V.) or Paris Angels. Of course when Flowered Up and 5.30 were brought into the equation the debate gained even more vigour and by the end of the match virtually the whole of the East Stand had joined in. We only calmed down when an elderly gentlemen sat a few rows forward produced a seven inch of Window Pane by the Real People. After this was played on the tannoy system it took Ricky Otto (walking back out onto the pitch in 20-inch flares) to deliver the decisive verdict that indeed this track belonged to a new 'post-baggy' era.

Back