• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JPT Final or Promotion?

• Total voters
jpt at wembley ,promotion would be fantastic.Swansea were one game from going into the old conference....change of ownership restructuring ,solid fanbase.... Is promotion a must?

You all call it the Paint Pot Cup, yet look how both Blackpool and Swansea progressed on the back of winning it.Maybe im selfish, im 66 years old ,went to my first Southend game back in 1953,in the old 3rd division South as it was known them days.I for one want us to beat Borient so bad,as back in 1953 they pipped Southend for promotion by 1 point if my memory serves me correctly,and only 2 teams got promotion back then.When people ( southend supporters ) in other parts of the world,say if Southend make Wembley they will be there ,then it becomes more than a paint pot trophy,people like myself cant see Southend play each week as we like too, but Wembley, its what dreams are made off, ask Blackpool and Swansea s/porters . Also try telling Timlin and the rest of the team its not important,Every player dreams of running out onto Wembley in a cup final,try telling PS and RM its not important.try telling Southend supporters in 100 tears time it wasnt important day in the clubs history ,and maybe it will be the turning point in the clubs history.Yes i would love both Wembley and promotion, but whlst we just 90 minutes away from Wembley i will live the dream.

Its ok BA, not certain but think the playoffs are in Manchester again due to Champions League?, so you should be ok :smile:

I definitely dont want to go up through the play-offs then!

EDIT - just seen the above post. I'm sure I will find the money from somewhere if I had to.

Back