• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Has a long way to go yet in the game, division 1 will be his limit I think, westham could well be there before long anyway:smile:

I doubt he is anywhere near ready for Prem football yet. I would like to see him up against Div 1/Championship teams on a more regular basis before anything more concrete happened in terms of a move to the Prem. This has the feel of newspaper rumour only to me.

Agree. Whilst I'd sooner keep hold of him than move him on for nowt, if we can get a fee of over £100K then for me it's thanks for all you're hard work, don't be a stranger.
Same here on that one, good player at league two level tho:thumbsup:

Agree. Whilst I'd sooner keep hold of him than move him on for nowt, if we can get a fee of over £100K then for me it's thanks for all you're hard work, don't be a stranger.

I'm obviously not watching the same player as you then. The guy has consistently improved since we gave him his chance but as I said earlier not Prem quality on current progress. We should hang on to him and all the others that can take us out of this **** division.

If that is true, is an fantastic opp, for him, I wouldn't stand in his way, a player part exchange with cash is best deal, so QPR or **** Ham can throw their reserve left back to us.

Sounds like agent talk, he prob wants a new contract / pay rise.
But the realities of our financial situation is that any of our players that can command a fee is available and I suspct the chairman will have the ultimate decision on that.

Didn't he only sign a three year deal towards the end of last season?

Sounds like agent talk, he prob wants a new contract / pay rise.
But the realities of our financial situation is that any of our players that can command a fee is available and I suspct the chairman will have the ultimate decision on that.

Didn't he only sign a three year deal towards the end of last season?

I don't think he is good enough for Prem, but do rate him a lot and he cuts back inside/cruyff turns so effectively, never seems to get tackled.

If that is true, is an fantastic opp, for him, I wouldn't stand in his way, a player part exchange with cash is best deal, so QPR or **** Ham can throw their reserve left back to us.

I can't see it, though don't know (or care) about QPR.
I'm guessing his agent is stirring things up after his recent goal (nice one too)
We signed the highly rated Aaron Cresswell from Ipswich Town in pre season and was immediately installed as the no.1 left back. If he gets injured, Joey O'Brien and Danny Potts are his cover.

I'm off to The Boleyn tomorrow night to watch our reserves or whatever they're called now and will have a scout.
I don't expect many to be there, so if I see BFS, I'll tell him to loan a few to his mate PB at Southend, though doubt that shmock Sullivan will allow it.

Is not the player he was up till March/April of last season, towards the end of last season and start of this he is more intent on attacking and cutting inside than defending, overlapping and crossing the ball.

Dont get me wrong he is a player I like and would want to keep but at present he and Leonard need to get back to basics and do the things that made them fans favourites. Both too intent on shooting and personal glory at the moment, much like Hurst become post Xmas.

Back to Coker and if offered £100k I would wish him well but equally I'm happy to keep him, even more so if he is the real Coker again.

Best left back we have had for a few seasons, would be a huge loss if true.

Has far more good games than the odd bad one that most pro's have each season.

Back