• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WG14

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elmo putney @ July 20 2004,20:41)]WHO THE f**k ARE YOU..I THINK YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE pr*ck
Very brave hiding behind your computer mate
tounge.gif

Must be small if he can hide behind a computer

Or he has a big computer

I reckon its a big computer coz I have just tried hiding behind mine and my mates could still see me!

Lewes FC 2 Crawley 3

Another goal from Belgrave and he only come on secon half. At least he's gettin played up front there. Come On BAZZA!!!!

He still ended up a loser, though - didn't he?

BTW, what's with the Belgrave fixation. He's gone. He's history. He is not part of the Southend squad.

Happy for you to stick up for Darryl, even if I disagree with you - because he's a Southend player.

But there is a very good reason why we're having this discussion on the Ex-Shrimpers thread. I used to like Tommy Mooney, for example - but I'll be hoping he fails next year, because he now plays for one of our rivals.

In other words, once a player leaves our club, then one's feelings about that player should change - because he's an ex-player, because nothing he will do is likely to be for the benefit of Southend United.

After all, what are you - a Southend United fan, or a Barrington Belgrave fan? It's difficult to see how you can be both, now that Belgrave's no longer with us.

I suggest you get over him, and concentrate your efforts on our current players.

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 21 2004,15:42)]Lewes FC 2 Crawley 3

Another goal from Belgrave and he only come on secon half.  At least he's gettin played up front there.  Come On BAZZA!!!!
Wow - Belgrave scored a goal in a pre-season friendly. I think he should be invited back on double what he earned last time he was with us. Then he can fire us to League One by himself. Not against Crawley - phew!

The list of players scoring for us in pre-season friendlies goes on, and on, and on: Danny Webb, Tony Richards, Mark Rawle - even Graeme Jones scored in a pre-season friendly. Does that make them good players?

Belgrave had his chance at SUFC, and he wasn't good enough. End of story.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 21 2004,16:58)]In other words, once a player leaves our club, then one's feelings about that player should change - because he's an ex-player, because nothing he will do is likely to be for the benefit of Southend United.
With exceptions Matt - I'm sure I wasn't alone among Southend fans in wishing the likes of Chrissy Powell and Sir Stanley well after they left the Hall. Always looked out for them and wanted them to do well.

Remeber how chuffed we all were when Powell got his England cap?

Having said that, I couldn't give a toss about what Belgrave gets up to.

True enough, W4. But they're beloved old boys, rather than current team-members - so whilst I celebrate in their successes and comiserate in their downfalls, it is not done with the same intensity as it is for current Southend players... so, to a certain extent, my feelings have changed, even if they haven't changed much.

So ner.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 21 2004,17:20)]True enough, W4.  But they're beloved old boys, rather than current team-members - so whilst I celebrate in their successes and comiserate in their downfalls, it is not done with the same intensity as it is for current Southend players... so, to a certain extent, my feelings have changed, even if they haven't changed much.

So ner.

tounge.gif
Pedantic *******
wink.gif
tounge.gif

How can all you lot say stuff about bazza, he had his own chant n dont say you never sang it cos like flavs yesterday made a gr8 save n you all sang it then you all on here say his sh*t you are liers and need 2 make ur mind up

So you actually know for a fact that those singing the Flavs chant were actually individuals you have been *cough* debating with on here? Do you? For a fact?

rock.gif

(Or are you, as I suspect, just a wind-up merchant?)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ July 21 2004,18:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 21 2004,17:20)]True enough, W4.  But they're beloved old boys, rather than current team-members - so whilst I celebrate in their successes and comiserate in their downfalls, it is not done with the same intensity as it is for current Southend players... so, to a certain extent, my feelings have changed, even if they haven't changed much.

So ner.

tounge.gif
Pedantic *******  
wink.gif

tounge.gif
Yup. And you love it.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 22 2004,13:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ July 21 2004,18:08)]
[b said:

So ner.

tounge.gif
Pedantic *******  
wink.gif

tounge.gif
Yup.  And you love it.

tounge.gif
We wouldn't have you any other way Matt!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 22 2004,00:06)]How can all you lot say stuff about bazza, he had his own chant n dont say you never sang it cos like flavs yesterday made a gr8 save n you all sang it then you all on here say his sh*t you are liers and need 2 make ur mind up
Oh dear. What a wally.

I suppose you're the sort of person who booed Emberson out of the club, for example?

I might have great reservations about Darryl as a keeper... I may have thought Belgrave was a lazy useless to**er... but I most definitely did NOT make those feelings evident at Roots Hall.

In fact, quite the opposite - I cheered for them, I chanted their names... because they are Southend players. If a player is out there, on the pitch, wearing the blue of Southend - then no matter who he is (*), I'll get behind him and sing his name to the heavens, because in fact, it's pretty irrelevant who the 11 individuals are that happen to be wearing the blue of Southend on any given afternoon.

At the end of the day, only one thing matters: and that is that Southend win.

Doesn't mean, however, that those players are exempt from criticism on these boards - indeed, it's precisely why we have these boards, so that we can debate, criticise and so on.

Matt

(*There is of course one exception, who proves the rule. Those who know me, know of whom I speak... I shall not say his name, for fear of upsetting myself...
mad.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 22 2004,00:06)]How can all you lot say stuff about bazza, he had his own chant n dont say you never sang it cos like flavs yesterday made a gr8 save n you all sang it then you all on here say his sh*t you are liers and need 2 make ur mind up
Any chance you can repeat that, but using the English language?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 22 2004,13:10)]
[b said:
Oh dear.  What a wally.

I suppose you're the sort of person who booed Emberson out of the club, for example?

I might have great reservations about Darryl as a keeper... I may have thought Belgrave was a lazy useless to**er... but I most definitely did NOT make those feelings evident at Roots Hall.

In fact, quite the opposite - I cheered for them, I chanted their names... because they are Southend players.  If a player is out there, on the pitch, wearing the blue of Southend - then no matter who he is (*), I'll get behind him and sing his name to the heavens, because in fact, it's pretty irrelevant who the 11 individuals are that happen to be wearing the blue of Southend on any given afternoon.

At the end of the day, only one thing matters: and that is that Southend win.

Doesn't mean, however, that those players are exempt from criticism on these boards - indeed, it's precisely why we have these boards, so that we can debate, criticise and so on.

Matt

(*There is of course one exception, who proves the rule.  Those who know me, know of whom I speak... I shall not say his name, for fear of upsetting myself...  
mad.gif
)
Jeroen Boere perchance?

LEWES 2 - RINGMER 3
Another goal by Striking Sensation Barrington Belgrave but supposedly he is cr*p aint he!! Stunning Goal

'It got worse before it got better, with Kano coming for a corner and getting there second. 3-0. The visitors even had a fourth disallowed for offside before a stunning goal by Barrington Belgrave, his third in three games, got us back into it. Luke Cornwall finished well to make it 3-2 with a few minutes remaining, but the same player missed a great chance in the dying seconds to grab an equaliser which we probably didn't deserve.'

COME ON BAZZA!!!

keep it up! it's exciting to hear how well a former player is doing at a club way down in the depths of the Ryman League.

3 goals in 3 games! and he only come on for the second half in all the games. I keep you posted napster!

Back