• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a new stadium could bring...

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
Attached is a link to the BBC website, and an interview with Bobby Convey of Reading, and the bit to note is the last part about the Chairman.

If you build it, they will come...
rock.gif

BBC Sport

At Southend, we got the players, we got the manager .... the dream would be complete if we get the New Stadium
biggrin.gif

Indeed - most clubs that build a half decent new ground see an increase in attendance (providing the ground is realistic, unlike Darlo)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Mar. 21 2006,17:06)]At Southend, we got the players, we got the manager .... the dream would be complete if we get the New Stadium
biggrin.gif
Exactly my point. Good pictures Ron - the Majeski (or whatever it's called) must be one of the blueprints for the new stadium...

I reckon a new stadium and us being an established Championship side will bring us an average gate of over 10,000 easy...

Come on Ron, build it and they will come!

smile.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 22 2006,08:36)]Come on Ron, build it and they will come!

smile.gif
wink.gif
These comments are the same as we are saying.
Although don't say it to loudly, the objectors will point out bigger crowds = more traffic etc!

Dont you normally have a period of bankruptcy first with any ground move..?
I prefer the terraces on the above pictures. and I know which 'end' would produce the better atmosphere in those two grounds..
Save all the nice comfy seats for the the sides and one end.. Leave one end as a battered old terrace with 'poor toilet facilities'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 26 2006,08:47)]Not very. Looks like any other new and modern football stadium. No soul. No character.
Can't help thinking the plans for our new ground will unfortunately not even look as 'good' as Readings, or as 'good' as any of the recent new grounds. The lack of plans is not good news. I hope I'm wrong.

Some of you think MK Dons new ground doesn't look good, but at least with 2 tiers fans will be closer to the pitch than say at Reading. Not that MK Donners will have many fans to fill it, quite surprised they have managed to build the fan base they have got now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ Mar. 26 2006,12:11)]The lack of plans is not good news. I hope I'm wrong.
My concern as well. The old adage "no news is good news" is actually b******s when it comes to football clubs. We've had promises for over five years that a new stadium would be provided as the only salvation for SUFC. If that was really the case then I'm amazed at the lack of activity ever since the Delancey buy-out. Surely SEL would have had things "read to go", so to speak ... ?

Back