• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you having for lunch? (rolling thread)

I have gone low carb and after a day or two of pain weight is falling off and weirdly I don't feel like snacking.
Lunch - courgetti, garlic, chilli, olive oil and parmesan.
Breakfast spinach, grilled tomatoes, grilled mushrooms, pigs kidney and an egg.

Butcher opp me gets a delivery every Friday. He usually chucks all the Pigs Kidneys in the bin, because there's no demand for them!.
Now i pop in every other Friday, & he gives me 4 'big-uns' free of charge!. I just slice them up, cut out all the tough inner sinew, & freeze them.

Butcher opp me gets a delivery every Friday. He usually chucks all the Pigs Kidneys in the bin, because there's no demand for them!.
Now i pop in every other Friday, & he gives me 4 'big-uns' free of charge!. I just slice them up, cut out all the tough inner sinew, & freeze them.

You need a really sharp knife to remove the core but the effort is worth it.

I like them fried with a little tabasco on the side.

I was getting concerned, you seem to have been off the fish resently.

Ha!. Still got about 10 portions in the freezer, a mixture between 'normal' salmon, & 'slightly' smoked salmon!. I do Boot sales at weekends, so usually not back by noon for my favourite!. Smoked cheese sarnie tomorrow for instance, taking it with me.
Like to mix it up weekdays, with local Butchers smoked bacon & sausages/chipolatas. I 'slum' it with a Ginsters pie when go to partners Mum on Tuesdays, to sort out her garden etc!.
And yes, i have plenty of veg with main meal at tea time!.

I gave lunch a miss as I had a massive fry up at 9 in morning, then had chicken Breast cooked in Italian herbs with jacket spud cucumber and sliced tomatoes, was bang on.

Today I finished off the corned beef, but this time had cheese and onion crisps inside with them!!

Do they land whelks at Leigh?

Couple of years ago i was walking past Belle Wharf one afternoon, when a fishing boat was unloading many baskets full of them.
The ones they've had this week, are smaller than usual & 'speckly' & so tasty.
No idea if true or not, but was told these ones are harvested in the English Channel between Dover & Hastings?.

Back