• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you having for lunch? (rolling thread)

Last edited:
Never eaten it!.

Ha! Our mother was evacuated to Derbyshire during the war which is where I imagine she got a taste for it, which she passed on to us.Remember when in Brum I shared a house with a lad from Norfolk who once cooked Sunday lunch for all of us.He was amazed when I sussed he was cooking rabbit as he didn't hink any southerners would know about it!

I find that hard to believe when you eat more or less everything . Have a word and see if your butcher can help you out , you wont regret it .

Think his butcher will need a game licence as that's what rabbit comes under. Nearest game butchers I know is in Horndon on the Hill.

Think his butcher will need a game licence as that's what rabbit comes under. Nearest game butchers I know is in Horndon on the Hill.
I never knew that I thought you could just order what you wanted from the butchers . I remember Shinns up the Broadway used to have them all hanging up outside .

I never knew that I thought you could just order what you wanted from the butchers . I remember Shinns up the Broadway used to have them all hanging up outside .
Yeah, law changed years ago. I used to get diced rabbit from Sainsbury but they stopped selling it. I'm not overly keen on game meat, bit strong for me but I did like rabbit.

Back