• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you having for lunch? (rolling thread)

Striker

Our local chippy got taken over by a Vietnamese guy. He’s still running the chippy but does a good Vietnamese menu too. So probably the only place nr Wigan you can sit in and get an amazing bowl of pho for £5. Had to drive out to pick something up so stopped by for a quick lunch

Cheese, ham, cucumber & mayo sarnie. Generally the same thing every day. :Sorry:
I eat the same thing every day too - 2 slices of wholemeal toast with Marmite (I add a 3rd slice with peanut butter if I'm running that night) followed by natural yoghurt with honey and milled linseed.

I eat the same thing every day too - 2 slices of wholemeal toast with Marmite (I add a 3rd slice with peanut butter if I'm running that night) followed by natural yoghurt with honey and milled linseed.

Far too healthy. I always have a bag of crisps & a chocolate bar as well:Hilarious:

(plus a carrot/tomatoes/celery and fruit).

Far too healthy. I always have a bag of crisps & a chocolate bar as well:Hilarious:

(plus a carrot/tomatoes/celery and fruit).
Yeah, I'd love to eat those too, but after struggling with my weight for well over a decade I found that by skipping breakfast, eating the same lunch every day, and having small sensible evening meals I can allow myself a few beers and other treats at the weekend and maintain my ideal weight. Bloody hard though, but keeping my food intake uniform Mon-Fri really helps.

Yeah, I'd love to eat those too, but after struggling with my weight for well over a decade I found that by skipping breakfast, eating the same lunch every day, and having small sensible evening meals I can allow myself a few beers and other treats at the weekend and maintain my ideal weight. Bloody hard though, but keeping my food intake uniform Mon-Fri really helps.

I'm extremely lucky with my metabolism. Even when I did no exercise, drunk a lot more and ate a lot of ****e, I hardly put on any weight. Now I eat (fairly) healthily, barely drink, and the fittest I've probably ever been I'm still the same 11st wimp with a small belly that just won't shift. My old man was the same.

Homemade Fillet 'O Fish.

Tartare sauce, fish fingers, cheese single in a roll.

Washed down with a can of Ting.

W

Our local chippy got taken over by a Vietnamese guy. He’s still running the chippy but does a good Vietnamese menu too. So probably the only place nr Wigan you can sit in and get an amazing bowl of pho for £5. Had to drive out to pick something up so stopped by for a quick lunch

What's wrong with a pea wet or a pie barm?

Went to the new Italian in Leigh (Fellinis) for a work team lunch today. Was very nice - had the chefs special pasta with pesto sauce. One of the guys had a pizza and he said it wasn't very nice though.

There's a nice little bar upstairs with a cocktail menu and an outdoor bit too, so you can just go for a drink at this place and not eat.

Went to the new Italian in Leigh (Fellinis) for a work team lunch today. Was very nice - had the chefs special pasta with pesto sauce. One of the guys had a pizza and he said it wasn't very nice though.

There's a nice little bar upstairs with a ****tail menu and an outdoor bit too, so you can just go for a drink at this place and not eat.
Has it got toilet cisterns you can rack up on?

I can't see it lasting long in Leigh if not...

Just had the standard 2 slices of toast with Marmite, but I allowed myself a cake today as the girlfriend of a colleague baked some red velvet cupcakes for the royal wedding. Don't give a monkey's about the wedding, but cake's cake innit.

Tuna Mayo sandwich, some nice Jacobs crinkle chedders which had a lot of chedders in them - fair play Jacobs.

Followed by a Relentless (Yes i know naughty) and a Boost chocolate bar - One of my favourite all time chocolate bars - That and Daim Bar.

There's a nice little bar upstairs with a ****tail menu and an outdoor bit too, so you can just go for a drink at this place and not eat.

the outdoor bit isn't licensed, so you can't take your drinks outside. Or at least it wasn't as of last week...

Back