• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to right now? Post Video links please.

Dammit Records (my label) are releasing a seven track ep on 14th Feb by The Cribbs called 78 RPM. Seven tracks taken from the 1960’s but given a punky twist. As the name suggests, it’s very much a homage to Bernard Cribbins, indeed, two songs were his famous hits, ‘Hole In The Ground’ and ‘Right Said Fred’. Other songs include Mike Sarnes’ hits ‘Come Outside’ and ‘Will I What?’ as well as a raucous rendition of ‘Any Old Iron’.
Pre order it now and get a little gift too.

Attachments

• The Cribbs brothers head B&W.jpg
    The Cribbs brothers head B&W.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
  • The Cribbs 78 rpm front cover sepia.png
    The Cribbs 78 rpm front cover sepia.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 0
  • The Cribbs 78 rpm sepia media pic.png
    The Cribbs 78 rpm sepia media pic.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 0
Had a return listen to Welcome to the Pleasure Dome Album with Frankie. I'd forgotten just how good this cover is of Born to run.

I think I'm going back to my childhood. I was listening to the Byrds greatest hits which is superb. But I kept on coning back to the Gene Clark songs on it which I thought were really good. So a bit of Wikipediaing and found out he's long dead but left the Byrds quite early on and did some solo albums. One is called No Other and reminds me a bit of Neil Young's Everybody knows this is nowhere. This is the track called No Other.
And so.... ..back to my childhood....

I think I'm going back to my childhood. I was listening to the Byrds greatest hits which is superb. But I kept on coning back to the Gene Clark songs on it which I thought were really good. So a bit of Wikipediaing and found out he's long dead but left the Byrds quite early on and did some solo albums. One is called No Other and reminds me a bit of Neil Young's Everybody knows this is nowhere. This is the track called No Other.

'No Other' is a proper underrated classic. I highly recommend 'With the Gosdin Brothers' and 'White Light' too. Gene is one of my all time favourite voices.

This classic came on the radio on the drive home from Roots Hall tonight, very apt.

This album should come with a warning. I've played it constantly since"discovering" it and now find it impossible to go a day without a fix. It's seriously good.

Back