• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What Bands/People do you listen to today?

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I tend to go for a lot of old stuff still.....The Script I like amongst the newer bands of the last few years. Who are your latest trends?

Obviously the old stuff, however, have been keeping an ear open for my friend's boy's band, Nothing But Thieves...her son is lead singer and they are all local boys. Current single "Itch" is being heavily promoted by both Radio 1 and MTV.

I tend to go for a lot of old stuff still.....The Script I like amongst the newer bands of the last few years. Who are your latest trends?
I am massive Colin Blunstone fan I have to say that Colin and Zombie band mate Rod Argent are still packing the fans in where ever they play , and when you consider they have been playing since the 60s they must be pretty damn good .

My favourite newish band is The Small Town Doggers. They've been going since 2011 and should have their second album out this year. I'm delighted that my particular live favourite, 'Midsummer Spit Roast', is due to be on it.

Def Leppard are always my favourite to listen too, the hysteria album is possibly the greatest album ever written.

I like a lot of classic rock and some new music depends if it's catchy or not. I am really liking Nickelback's latest album and going back through their back catalogue they had some really good sounds.

Still listen to my old faves - but am interested in the following folkies though none could be described as young:-

Leveret
Kings of the South Seas
Miranda Sykes and Rex Preston

I stopped buying or getting into anything new quite a few years ago and just carried on listening to the old favourites, U2, Ocean Colour Scene being the most listened to.

I did however buy some new headphones last year for commuting and that got me hunting for new music to listen to and they led me to discover Jason Isbell an Amanda Shires, two 'Americana' artists who I started listening to and have seen a few times last year when they were over here in the UK . Listen to them more than anything else these days.

Back