• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What can we do to stop our club going under?!

What can we do?

• Organise a peaceful protest!

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Sit back and relax and see what happens!

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

Jack The Flag

One Step Beyond ♪
Seriously Ron Martin lets no information out to us (The Supporters) What can we do?

What about a peaceful protest (Not like the other one) Showing how much we love our club and how we wont let it go under. Everyone attending could take a flag and lets show Ron (Even if you hate him or love him) we are fully behind him and the players. How about one or two spokesman ask question to Ron while the rest are Civilised and quiet to let him answers.

From this we would get media attention from The Echo and maybe even More international press!

Just an idea?

Thoughts?

Seriously Ron Martin lets no information out to us (The Supporters) What can we do?

What about a peaceful protest (Not like the other one) Showing how much we love our club and how we wont let it go under. Everyone attending could take a flag and lets show Ron (Even if you hate him or love him) we are fully behind him and the players. How about one or two spokesman ask question to Ron while the rest are Civilised and quiet to let him answers.

From this we would get media attention from The Echo and maybe even More international press!

Just an idea?

Thoughts - quote ]]

If I've understood the situation correctly, Sainsbury's are now part owners of the project. At the very least they have made a significant capital injection into one of RM's companies.

They would not have done this without Due Diligence. So why not put the pressure on Sainsbury's to make a statement about their intentions ? I can't imagine they would want to put the level of 'spin ' into their comments that RM does - even if their sausages don't taste that good, Jamie.

Could they ignore a petition from thousands of Blues fans? I think not. Would they be happy about this? I think not. If we were to keep up the pressure on them it would surely be transmitted to RM.

And if the fans start putting out feelers with other clubs supporters as to what level of support we would get from them if Sainsbury's were to play a part in the club's demise, that also might make Sainsbury's and their shareholders sit up and take a bit more notice.

Just some thoughts.

A peaceful show of how much we love our club.

How about we all show how much we love our club by buying season tickets, attending every home game and assisting the club in its efforts to pay players by increasing the clubs cash flow

Get some Shrimpers on Southend council etc, revoke the planning permission then slap a compulsory purchase order on Roots Hall to be saved as a community stadium, and give Sainsbury's Fossetts to build their store there.

i do believe something should be done. now is as good as time as any. the reason i say that is because last time everyone including myself was angry after a shocking game and having a really terrible time in the weeks leading upto that aswell.

the q&a was a waste of time imo.

i just think something to show we're still here, something like jack said everyone bring fans. sing positive songs rather than ron out. ask for a rep to come down and find out answers to questions. that sort of thing. i'm sure we can get a few better ideas than what i have said.

i feel like we're just sitting back and watching and just moaning about it on here. just seems pointless and lets be frank really quite gutless from us as fans.

Get some Shrimpers on Southend council etc, revoke the planning permission then slap a compulsory purchase order on Roots Hall to be saved as a community stadium, and give Sainsbury's Fossetts to build their store there.

This idea I like.:)

I am sure that given the current cutbacks the council will be making due to the reduction in funding, buying RH will hardly be financially prudent

Councillors were only elected a couple of months ago , so getting Shrimpers on the council will take time

Giving Sainsburys FF (which is earmarked in the local plan for sporting use) will be of little use considering the hoops they would have to go through to get Planning permission for the site

None of this resolves the short term cash flow problems or the longer term trading revenue deficit

The truth is that no fan is able to do anything, just as no fans stepped forward when the Rubins or VJ looked to get out.

RM has said that 3 M is needed to secure financial stability over the next 2 years , Thats 5,000 fans putting in an extra 25 quid a month above what they pay for their tickets. ( the cost of two/three Pints or one packet of fags a week)

This seems like an excellent idea to me.Other clubs eg Charlton have done it successfully.Granted it will take long term planning but we're in a Titanic type situation at the moment.

i do believe something should be done. now is as good as time as any. the reason i say that is because last time everyone including myself was angry after a shocking game and having a really terrible time in the weeks leading upto that aswell.

i just think something to show we're still here, something like jack said everyone bring fans. sing positive songs rather than ron out. ask for a rep to come down and find out answers to questions. that sort of thing. i'm sure we can get a few better ideas than what i have said.

i feel like we're just sitting back and watching and just moaning about it on here. just seems pointless and lets be frank really quite gutless from us as fans.

Matty what shall be done, i agree. Times are **** but its just like a bunch of old women moaning on here!
If we held something i am sure we would get Press and maybe even national press

Let’s face it Ron has spun us a great tail, of the promise land and of a glorious new dawn with a new ground and all you fools believed in it.
You can protest all you like but Ron will walk out and tell you all you want to know and you guys will walk away happy for a few weeks.

Ron has more spin than the labour party, has more skeletons than El Tel.

I can’t wait to see all the fools gather at fossett farm waiting for Rons mystical diggers to start work on the new ground…

This club is in big trouble and that’s the bottom line, while Ron is running the club I cannot see any change..

Ron if you reading this or one of your Smeagol like toads is going to report back, do the descent think and leave.

We are looking like the joke club in the football league, even a pub (Daggers) side is looking to nick our players.

RM has said that 3 M is needed to secure financial stability over the next 2 years , Thats 5,000 fans putting in an extra 25 quid a month above what they pay for their tickets. ( the cost of two/three Pints or one packet of fags a week)

I'd happily have a direct debit paying £25 a month to save the club. However would I hand that money over to Ron and trust him to use it wisely, prudently and in the best interests of Southend United? Would I bollocks!

Back