• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What club wouldnt miss these players.

happydays

Sam barrett.
Tom Hopper
Stephen Humphries
Ben coker
Harry Lennon (just back broken leg )
Rob Kiernan ( not match fit long time away)

All these I believe would 'be starters. I would say.
Hopper 20 goals
Humphries 15 goals plus
Lot to be missed

There is no argument about the quality of players we have injured and how they may have benefited us. The problem is, the players we had to field, have not done enough and, I believe, less than they are capable of. A lot of this I put down to the selections and set up. The quality of a good manager comes through when the chips are down. Not so with SCP. Even now, with several players returning from injuries, we are left bemused by the selection and set up. Added to that is the apparent lack of confidence and motivation. We could have fielded the same side against Wimbledon and given them no instruction whatsoever and I doubt they would have looked worse. So where is the managers influence/input/inspiration?

It’s when you need the leaders in the squad to step up, lately we’ve been without White and Cox has been the only leader left, and he’s played superbly.

Still feel that one of Powell’s biggest mistakes was to get rid of Timlin in the summer, he might not reach the heights of Dieng or Hyam or Mantom at their very best, but he was rarely near their lows which we’ve seen far more often. His consistency and leadership is what the team is lacking.

Alright Michael!!

It’s when you need the leaders in the squad to step up, lately we’ve been without White and Cox has been the only leader left, and he’s played superbly.

Still feel that one of Powell’s biggest mistakes was to get rid of Timlin in the summer, he might not reach the heights of Dieng or Hyam or Mantom at their very best, but he was rarely near their lows which we’ve seen far more often. His consistency and leadership is what the team is lacking.

Very interesting observations about Timlin. Last season he seemed to be the target for the boo boys. Sometimes you don't know what you are missing until it isn't there.

Very interesting observations about Timlin. Last season he seemed to be the target for the boo boys. Sometimes you don't know what you are missing until it isn't there.
Yes, the reinvention of Timlin as a SZ favourite is quite amusing. Up until January last season, he seemed to be the most reviled player in the team.

I think the biggest disappointment has come from the area with the least injuries

Kightly
McLaughlin
Mantom
Dieng
Drewe — was injured but been crap even when fit

Think these guys have given us a soft underbelly and created nothing.

Sam barrett.
Tom Hopper
Stephen Humphries
Ben coker
Harry Lennon (just back broken leg )
Rob Kiernan ( not match fit long time away)

All these I believe would 'be starters. I would say.
Hopper 20 goals
Humphries 15 goals plus
Lot to be missed

Sam Barret has played one league match. I'll wager most teams would manage without him.

You mean Powell didn't have a choice. Managers answer to the boss.

It wasn’t Timlins fault,that Brown couldn’t see what everybody else could,that he’s not a full-back.

Not everybody. Timlin was the best choice as LB due to injuries. Most on here hated him for not being Ben Coker going forward but as adefender he was fine.

By the way as soon as Coker returned he was responsible for several important goals conceded.....First goals v Scunthorpe home and away, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood at home come to mind as well.

Not everybody. Timlin was the best choice as LB due to injuries. Most on here hated him for not being Ben Coker going forward but as adefender he was fine.

By the way as soon as Coker returned he was responsible for several important goals conceded.....First goals v Scunthorpe home and away, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood at home come to mind as well.
I would argue the opposite actually. Defensively Timlin had a tendency to commit needless fouls with rash tackles in dangerous areas. Going forward I thought he was OK.

I always liked Timlin because of his regular 100 per cent commitment but he is surely past his best now and would we really want yet another one goal a season midfielder?

I would argue the opposite actually. Defensively Timlin had a tendency to commit needless fouls with rash tackles in dangerous areas. Going forward I thought he was OK.

I would love to see a few more 'rash' tackles at RH this season. I'm not calling for the return of Timlin, would just like the odd player to win an individual battle now and again

Remember when Timlin was MOM at home to of all people Wimbledon, 3-0 on Boxing Day, a couple of seasons ago. He was up against their best player and got stuck into him eventually getting him sent off. It was the most important battle for us to win that day. The likes of Pigott and Wordsworth had it far to easy on their return.

I had My eye on Dieng on Saturday. I think it was 28 minutes before he won a tackle. He is the man who never does enough to quite get there. Yes he will be within a yard but never makes it the extra couple of ft to actually win the ball.

Last edited:
This Timlin/Clarkson incident.

It did actually happen as described, I guess, or has it always only been a rumour?

I've never seen anything about it apart from on here.

Back