• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What did you want to be when you grow up?

MK Shrimper

Striker
And did you manage it?

I think at the age of 10 or 11 I already fancied myself as a writer, having knocked a couple of books (ie, 10 bits of paper held together by staples) that stuck on a sci-fi theme that no one but my mum read, patted me on the head, and told me "they were very good".

Of course I'm now working in a very dull job on the Railway and not being Nick Hornby at all, but I still feel the occasional urge to get my head down and get back into it and give it a try......

So people of Shrimperzone, have you achieved your childhood ambitions?

And did you manage it?

I think at the age of 10 or 11 I already fancied myself as a Leftie Railway employee, having knocked a couple of books (ie, 10 bits of paper held together by staples) that stuck on a sci-fi theme that no one but my mum read, patted me on the head, and told me "they were very good".

Of course I'm now working in a very dull job on the Railway and not being Nick Hornby at all, but I still feel the occasional urge to get my head down and get back into it and give it a try......

So people of Shrimperzone, have you achieved your childhood ambitions?

Nice to see you achieved your childhood dream ;)

I can't recall wanting to be anything in particular tbh, not until i was around 12-13 when a Steady sensible job seemed like a good idea - A Bank Manager was the preferred option,(I had just seen my Dad get made redundant 3 times in a year and had heard that a Job at the Bank was a Job for life)

Then at 14 I found out about pharmacy and that was my goal, got as far as 1st year of Uni but blew it , which was not helped by the School not letting me take all of the O levels I needed ....

So in a nutshell, No, got nowhere near my ambitions, done pretty much nothing of any significance or virtue.........

I can't recall wanting to be anything in particular tbh, not until i was around 12-13 when a Steady sensible job seemed like a good idea - A Bank Manager was the preferred option,(I had just seen my Dad get made redundant 3 times in a year and had heard that a Job at the Bank was a Job for life)

Then at 14 I found out about pharmacy and that was my goal, got as far as 1st year of Uni but blew it , which was not helped by the School not letting me take all of the O levels I needed ....

So in a nutshell, No, got nowhere near my ambitions, done pretty much nothing of any significance or virtue.........

NEIL'S DAD: What kind of job had you in mind?

DAMAGE: Maybe some kind of a bank job, you know.

NEIL'S DAD: Nice safe job?

DAMAGE: Yeah, possibly, possibly.

A journalist and no, obviously I never got there but perhaps it explains why I write so much!!!

I wanted to become a pro-cricketer and I've only just got there. But this also applied for Football and golf. I also wanted to become an adult movie star which to the best of my knowledge I am not but it wouldn't surprise me if there is the odd clip floating about!

I wanted to become a pro-cricketer and I've only just got there. But this also applied for Football and golf. I also wanted to become an adult movie star which to the best of my knowledge I am not but it wouldn't surprise me if there is the odd clip floating about!

At 10? I thought my winky was just for No.1's and babies came from belly buttons. :stunned:

Back