• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What has been you favourite game

What has been you favourite game - so far this season?

• Port Vale (h)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colchester (h)

• Oldham (h)

• Tranmere (h)

• Forest (h)

• Bradford (a)

• Rotherham (a)

• Bristol City (a)

• Gillingham (a)

• Swindon (a)

• Total voters
Yeovil for me too.

I was utterly speechless by the end, not so much because of the scoreline but because of the totally dominant display of football after a rather patchy first half where, at halftime, my mates & I were wondering whether we'd manage a shot let alone a goal!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 10 2005,11:00)]Port Vale at home was not up for the loss or game just because it was our first back in League 1, thats all. What an overhead kick though. Phew!
That is why it got my vote.

Bradford was a close one for me, almost gets my vote, but that instead has to go to Rotherham away.

A fantastic game, end to end attacking, and scoring 4 away from home was awesome.

For the chants of '2-0 and we fkd it up, 2-0 and we fkd it up' in response to the Rotherham fans chants when they pulled it back to 2-2.

Super day out, but, at this rate, every bloody Saturday is a contender!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ Nov. 10 2005,12:42)]Bradford was a close one for me, almost gets my vote, but that instead has to go to Rotherham away.

A fantastic game, end to end attacking, and scoring 4 away from home was awesome.

For the chants of '2-0 and we fkd it up, 2-0 and we fkd it up' in response to the Rotherham fans chants when they pulled it back to 2-2.

Nice to see your making more of an effort this season and travelling to away games, you told me last season if its X Factor vs Southend, X Factor wins hands down, how times have changed

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ Nov. 10 2005,12:42)]Bradford was a close one for me, almost gets my vote, but that instead has to go to Rotherham away.

Yep, Rotherham got my vote. An awesome second half performance and cracking atmosphere in the away end.

Yeovil for me. That game made me feel like the team could be on the verge of something special.

Loved every game we won.

but the Yeovil game has a special place in my heart. the way we came out in that 2nd half is something I have not seen at Southend since the early 90's!

Yeovil for me too. 2nd half was the dogs b's. Best thing was I don't usualy get to midweek games due to work but I booked that night off. Fantastic football. I have booked off the Tuesday night in December (6th) also ready for the next classic.

I'm sorry i missed Yeovil off now. Quality game tho. Anyone want to count the Yeovil votes? I would but im too funking lazy!

Forest at home. Going top live on Sky, beating former European Champions, near sell out, cracking atmosphere, and all me mates watching on the box and raving about the performance when I went for a few beers with them. Happy days!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ Nov. 10 2005,07:56)]yet you put in port vale at home, which we lost. granted gray's over head kick was class, and goater and jay smith were sitting in the east stand behind me, but still, the game against yeovil was my favourite since the awesome 5-2 win against bolton a few years ago now.
So Jay missed the whole game then? Can't imagine he could see anything if he was sitting behind someone. Other than Flavs, obvously...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think it has to be Rotherham away. Quite unexpected. And inspired Tilly substitutions!
Crap ground though...

has to be Yeovil, 1 nil down then 4-1 win. luv it. 2 goals for freddy aswel set up by JCR. to make things even better, i was on the fone to my cousin who is also a shrimper wen Freddy's 2nd went in!!
smile.gif

Col Ewe for me, good atmosphere, good game, great result.

Great to look over to the North Bank from the East Blues at the farm hands faces when Cole scored, and especially when Goater's lob went in.

running a close second is Bristol City, I just didn't expect us to get a win there.

Back