• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Problem is you can’t guarantee a break-down will happen anywhere near a yellow zone so there’s total reliance that someone is actually awake at Mission Control and noticed the inside lane needs to be red-crossed immediately - which is never going to happen - by which time your vehicle will likely already have been crushed. Far from Smart more like Witless. Cost almost £900m with several years of roadworks / holdups for the Smart section to Theale on M4, not improved the road one bit.
Remove the human intervention and replace with AI to detect when a vehicle has stopped and it would be instant.

Have more gangtries showing the open / closed lanes etc and ensure that if you go through a gangtry clearly showing as closed then you get fined heavily. Ho through 2 gantries and its points on your license.

For me personally if I can't get my car to one of those emergency sidings I'd ditch the car as close yo thd barrier as possible, exit through the passenger side, jump the barrier and head backwards towards the oncoming traffic. Anyone hits your unmanned vehicle no guarantee what direction it will go in.

Last edited:
Remove the human intervention and replace with AI to detect when a vehicle has stopped and it would be instant.

Have more gangways showing the open / closed lanes etc and ensure that if you go through a gangway clearly shoeing closed then you get fined heavily. 2 gangways and its points on your license.

For me personally if I can't get my car to one of those emergency sidings I'd ditch the car as close yo thd barrier as possible, exit through the passenger side, jump the barrier and head backwards towards the oncoming traffic. Anyone hits your unmanned vehicle no guarantee what direction it will go in.
I think you mean gantries?

Asbo motorcycles - you can hear them 3 streets away. Often around 1 or 2 in the morning.

What the hell is going on, they seem to be everywhere. Surely they can be legal, worse than the cars with their crackle maps

Back of house is boarded up due to building work.

Thought one of the dogs was barking at something last night but it had actually and been on an adventure - returning home to wake us up at 3am.

This weather, more specifically the temperature.
It’s just so damn cold 🥶
View attachment 31771
Yesterday in Scarborough it was raining for most of the day, with strong gusty winds, & the day temp was 7* all day & down to 2* last night!.
I usually start wearing shorts in April, but def not yesterday!.

Yesterday in Scarborough it was raining for most of the day, with strong gusty winds, & the day temp was 7* all day & down to 2* last night!.
I usually start wearing shorts in April, but def not yesterday!.

Here in Perth, it's the other way around. It's still so warm here over 30 degrees for the past week and the next few days. We've had virtually no rain for the past six months. It normally cools down to the low 20's and we start to get some rain.

We have a conifer in our garden which was our Xmas tree for many years. We planted it out when neither of us had grey hair, but now it is diseased beyond fixing even though we having been trimming branches off. The Tree doctors are coming today:Sad:

1713421432895.jpeg

Did the aches and pains spoil the trip mate?
Acupuncture & applying hot pads daily have helped a lot, but Tuesday it played up more than recent. Possibly down to the wet & cold weather all day?.
I was concerned about the 4 1/2hr drive, but sitting on a hot water bottle (!) gave me no problems at all, thank goodness.
Thanks for asking.

Acupuncture & applying hot pads daily have helped a lot, but Tuesday it played up more than recent. Possibly down to the wet & cold weather all day?.
I was concerned about the 4 1/2hr drive, but sitting on a hot water bottle (!) gave me no problems at all, thank goodness.
Thanks for asking.
Goodish news. Get yourself ready for Saturday now Tony.

Back