• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

And invest in the Q-Bots. If you're only there for a day you don't want to spend most of it queuing for rides. When we went the most expensive were £70 a pop, but between the four of us we only bought 3 (we got into Legoland for nothing on Nectar points) as my wife and I took it in turns to go on the rides with the boys.

Yes, the Q Bots are worth it.

And invest in the Q-Bots. If you're only there for a day you don't want to spend most of it queuing for rides. When we went the most expensive were £70 a pop, but between the four of us we only bought 3 (we got into Legoland for nothing on Nectar points) as my wife and I took it in turns to go on the rides with the boys.

£75 a pop each now so we averred, especially as we were there for the weekend and wanted to do all the rides together (two adults, two kids). But we did cast some envious glances at the Q-Bot folk, I'll admit that!

The queues were frustrating at times, but staying in the hotel gave us half an hour on Sunday before the park opened to everyone and we were able to make great use of that.

£75 a pop each now so we averred, especially as we were there for the weekend and wanted to do all the rides together (two adults, two kids). But we did cast some envious glances at the Q-Bot folk, I'll admit that!

The queues were frustrating at times, but staying in the hotel gave us half an hour on Sunday before the park opened to everyone and we were able to make great use of that.

Indeed. If I'd spent all that on the hotel etc I don't think I'd have bothered with the Q-Bots.

Just had a chat with a guy at work. it turns out he used to work for GCHQ. I asked him if he signed the Official Secrets Act, and he said that every time he moved roles he had to sign it again, so has signed it about 8 times.

I then asked him if he actually does know things he's not allowed to talk about, and he said yes. I then asked him to give me an example! The answer I got was, "nice try!"

(He also said it is very stressful because he isn't even allowed to discuss them with his wife so he wasn't able to go home at the end of the day and discuss work in the way we all do.)

Just had a chat with a guy at work. it turns out he used to work for GCHQ. I asked him if he signed the Official Secrets Act, and he said that every time he moved roles he had to sign it again, so has signed it about 8 times.

I then asked him if he actually does know things he's not allowed to talk about, and he said yes. I then asked him to give me an example! The answer I got was, "nice try!"

(He also said it is very stressful because he isn't even allowed to discuss them with his wife so he wasn't able to go home at the end of the day and discuss work in the way we all do.)

Lot's of people on SZ have probably signed the official secrets act as well.

This page reminds me of one of my favourite comedy sketches...

[video=youtube;12jmp4KVRPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12jmp4KVRPM[/video]

Worked on a team charity day, doing some gardening for the local scouts ground and before lunch I was chatting away about work, football and life to this older chap, all very cosy. After lunch, he doesn't return and I ask my boss where "that bloke is who I was talking too". Turns out he was the head of my department (ie, answerable only to NR chairman Mark Carne). Glad I didn't ask him what he did. :blush:

Knock on the front door yesterday evening. It was the children from next door, asking if we fancied some lamb samosas. Their mum (originally from Sri Lanka) had made a batch and sent them over with a few still warm ones on a plate for us. Totally unprompted, totally delicious and just a lovely neighbourly thing to do.

Still, send all the immigrants back etc.

Worked on a team charity day, doing some gardening for the local scouts ground and before lunch I was chatting away about work, football and life to this older chap, all very cosy. After lunch, he doesn't return and I ask my boss where "that bloke is who I was talking too". Turns out he was the head of my department (ie, answerable only to NR chairman Mark Carne). Glad I didn't ask him what he did. :blush:

Lazy *******. Couldn't he hack it?

Back