• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

I'm happy that we didn't get burgled, and the car stolen yesterday. Came home from Woking totally knackered and left the car key fob and our front door key in the front door keyhole. Total prat mode. Phew!
That was indeed very lucky considering where you live.
My three modes of transport are all sitting outside of my house with the keys in the ignition and I only take the keys out if I go to town which makes me happy.

Phoned dentist Monday, saw her today and check up with no work needed.
Walked into GP on Thursday and left letter with receptionist/guard, got phone call 2 hours later and saw doctor today, sorted!
Then took full load of garden tree cuttings to tip and got straight in!
Happy days.
Do the lottery

After nearly 3 years of leaving the RAF I’ve managed to get myself a dental appointment. Put myself on the list to join as soon as I left and then COVID happened and they shut their books.

Finally! I probably should’ve pushed it as I’m pretty sure under the armed forces covenant I am high priority. Anyway, I’ve got one now :Highfive:

I went to ploughing competition meet at Rectory Road, Hawkwell. My mates 16 year old son has bought and been working on an old Ferguson and plough for most of covid and this was his first time of using. It was very interesting, aobut 40 old tractors, and kit making furrows and such.
Beautiful morning for it too.

Going to see Espanyol's 5th home game of the season later against Vallolodid.Hoping for a first home win.(after getting a pm from a mate who went to Woking yesterday +listening in to BBC Essex +watching the Youtube highlights earlier also beginning to wonder how much longer we'll have a football club to support). :Sad:

Last edited:
Going to see Espanyol's 5th home game of the season later against Vallolodid.Hoping for a first home win.(after getting a pm from a mate who went to Welling yesterday +listening in to BBC Essex +watching the Youtube highlights earlier also beginning to wonder how much longer we'll have a football club to support). :Sad:
We haven't quite sunk that low.

After nearly 3 years of leaving the RAF I’ve managed to get myself a dental appointment. Put myself on the list to join as soon as I left and then COVID happened and they shut their books.

Finally! I probably should’ve pushed it as I’m pretty sure under the armed forces covenant I am high priority. Anyway, I’ve got one now :Highfive:

You're correct, you have, like all ex service Men and Women, priority NHS treatment.

I've used this many times with the problems I have with my back.

You're correct, you have, like all ex service Men and Women, priority NHS treatment.

I've used this many times with the problems I have with my back.
It’s good to know because my doctors surgery, I tried to book an appointment for my son a couple of weeks back. They told me they were over subscribed and I had to ring 111 to get an appointment!

It’s good to know because my doctors surgery, I tried to book an appointment for my son a couple of weeks back. They told me they were over subscribed and I had to ring 111 to get an appointment!

If you have any problems in the future, get in contact with Veterans First, they'll sort it out for you and even contact your GP or NHS Trust. I'm not sure if dependence are covered, but it's worth asking the question.

You served mate, take advantage of the service if you need too.

Enjoyed seeing Espanyol beat Valladolid yesterday 1-0.First home win at the 5th time of asking .Great atmosphere.Barça lost too. :Smile:
Did you see that the PSG owner apparently is interested in buying Espanyol? He doesn't like Barca so it's a way to annoy them if it's true

Did you see that the PSG owner apparently is interested in buying Espanyol? He doesn't like Barca so it's a way to annoy them if it's true
Yeah that's been heavily reported in the French press (my wife supplies me with the articles) but not at all (as far as I've seen) in the Spanish press/media.Curious.What was your (presumably UK source) BTW?

Yeah that's been heavily reported in the French press (my wife supplies me with the articles) but not at all (as far as I've seen) in the Spanish press/media.Curious.What was your (presumably UK source) BTW?
It's been in a few of British news outlets.Be interesting if he did buy them.I think over here Newcastle will soon join Manchester City as the dominant forces

Back