• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is success this season and player predictions

BriggBlue

Schoolboy
As the new season is just over the horizon what do we expect from our club this season? for me given the players we have retained and brought in, along with the new manager halfway through last season anything less than the playoffs would be a dissapointment.

to add a bit of fun to thread howabout we predict our player of the season and top scorer.

Player of the season: Hyam

Top Scorer: Theo

For me play offs would be success, but with the team as it is I think we are looking at mid table and that wouldn't be failure.

Player of the season: Lennon

Top scorer: Cox (as it is might change my mind if we sign someone else)

I am hoping for a team that gives their all, some memorable matches, to witness a couple of great away wins, some good goals, a few good pub catch ups with friends from around the country and hopefully a good challenge for the play-offs that keeps things interesting well into April.

I am hoping for a team that gives their all, some memorable matches, to witness a couple of great away wins, some good goals, a few good pub catch ups with friends from around the country and hopefully a good challenge for the play-offs that keeps things interesting well into April.

No cup run?

Player of the season: McLaughlin

Top Scorer: Tom Hopper

Finishing position: 8th

Success is remaining in business. The players giving their all and icing on the cake would be plans passed for FF.
Player of the season will be Barret.
Top scorer not brought in yet but watch this space.

You aim for the top 2 spots and the play offs are your fall back plan. If we only aim for the play offs then there's no plan B.

I have only seen the Leeds game so I haven't a great deal of the new boys but I saw enough last season since Powell's arrival to think we can mount a serious challenge but we need a good start, the last 2 seasons we've played catch up after a horrendous start

I agree with leeblue, to reach the play off's (even getting thrashed in the first game) I would still consider it a very successful season.

I think most fans would like to see their team to progress season on season, so on the basis that we finished 10th last season, with a minus goal difference.... I would still be content if we finished 9th with a + goal difference. A slow and improvement, but an improvement none the less.

But I think we are better than that. So my predictions are:

Player Of The Year: Oxley

Top scorer: Cox

Final Position: (6th, 7th or 8th)

I really think we should be looking at playoffs this season - new manager (first full season), new signings, new nice pitch, new changing room. Really looking forward to it getting started now.

Player of the season: Yearwood (then we will sell him next summer for £2,000,000)

Top scorer: Cox

Still think we are currently short of players.

That said I'm hoping for 6th spot.

Player of the year: Yearwood

Top scorer: Cox with 14

Average attendance around 7.5k

Success is remaining in business. The players giving their all and icing on the cake would be plans passed for FF.
Player of the season will be Barret.
Top scorer not brought in yet but watch this space.

Any insider knowledge or just hypothetical?

Midfield still worries me. Top 6 finish.

Top scorer - Cox
POTY - Lennon

Last edited:
Back