• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yep, that's about the sum of it. Seen Blair a couple of times, and chatted at MTBD. I think the Mohsni tackle compounded an already existing problem and made it worse and it's taken this long to recover. Dad said on Wednesday that Blair is back in training, whereas Barry isn't yet.

Who cares-It is not like we miss the misfit.
Sacrilege!!! Go, wash your mouth out with soap! A genuinely decent bloke who has not deserved the tough ride some people have given him purely based on who his dad his.

Sacrilege!!! Go, wash your mouth out with soap! A genuinely decent bloke who has not deserved the tough ride some people have given him purely based on who his dad his.

I agree entirely,

Good bloke ,puts himself out with the Junior fans in the south stand, and I think he brings alot to the side.....works hard, brings others into the game....

Lovely guy, shame he cant play football and has hung on his dads shirt tails his whole career.

Injured last game of season. But never once had any treatment on it over the summer.Then turns up on the first day of training still injured. I hear that there's always something wrong with him. Amateur, who should be playing amateur football.
Can't go quick enough for me.

Got to love how a thread about an update on Blair's injury is full of posts slating the guy. It really is ridiculous.

For what it's worth I partially agree in that Blair Sturrock wouldn't be a Southend player if it wasn't for his Dad being manager. And his career when not under his Dad's management has been for mainly non-league or lower League Two sides.

So what?

He's certainly not the worst player to ever pull on the Southend shirt yet the treatment he gets is nothing short of ridiculous. He holds the ball up well, brings others into play and has an eye for a pass. I agree that he should score more goals but we've had plenty of woeful strikers here in the past. I don't think he's any worse than, for instance, Drewe Broughton, yet Drewe scored the goal which took us to our first ever final and so will always be a hero. If Blair scored the winner at Wembley in the JPT final this season would he get the same treatment?

Blair's now, at the very least, 4th choice striker and so his role will be to come on as a sub when we need to close out a game and just need the ball to stick up top. He's performed this role for both Plymouth and Swindon and they both got promotion.

Maybe if you got off his back we could achieve the same.

Got to love how a thread about an update on Blair's injury is full of posts slating the guy. It really is ridiculous.

For what it's worth I partially agree in that Blair Sturrock wouldn't be a Southend player if it wasn't for his Dad being manager. And his career when not under his Dad's management has been for mainly non-league or lower League Two sides.

So what?

He's certainly not the worst player to ever pull on the Southend shirt yet the treatment he gets is nothing short of ridiculous. He holds the ball up well, brings others into play and has an eye for a pass. I agree that he should score more goals but we've had plenty of woeful strikers here in the past. I don't think he's any worse than, for instance, Drewe Broughton, yet Drewe scored the goal which took us to our first ever final and so will always be a hero. If Blair scored the winner at Wembley in the JPT final this season would he get the same treatment?

Blair's now, at the very least, 4th choice striker and so his role will be to come on as a sub when we need to close out a game and just need the ball to stick up top. He's performed this role for both Plymouth and Swindon and they both got promotion.

Maybe if you got off his back we could achieve the same.

I agree with everything you've said here.

Top post.

For a fact to be just that, you need some sort of proof. I take it you have that to hand.

There is adequate empirical evidence to demonstrate that there isn't a Football League manager in the land who would give a permanent contract to Blair Sturrock, bar one.

So what?

I'll tell you why. There are other players at the club that would die for the opportunities Blair gets.Stop trying to be clever by saying he does this and does that. He doesn't, at least not better than anyone else.
In fact, on reflection, Sturrocks probably got rid of players much better than Blair.
It's the managers blind spot.

Oh how contrary :raspberry:

Last edited:
And you asked for a serious answer. Some hope!

An ankle injury. And now, three and a half months later, he is still not ready. In the meantime he signs a new contract,goes off on a golfing break with a director,has no treatment and then reports for pre season still injured.
If he doesn't take it serious, why should we?

Back