• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is your favourite AWAY ground?

Does Roots Hall count for us exiles?

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Nov. 21 2005,13:56)]Has to be the old wembley...
You ARE joking, of course! Wembley may have had some sort of magical legend about it but the reality was that the stadium was a sh!te-hole that was in dire need of demolition long before it actually was. The toilets were a health-hazard, the food and drink was over-priced and poor quality, and the view from the seats was crap ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 21 2005,12:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Nov. 21 2005,13:56)]Has to be the old wembley...
You ARE joking, of course! Wembley may have had some sort of magical legend about it but the reality was that the stadium was a sh!te-hole that was in dire need of demolition long before it actually was. The toilets were a health-hazard, the food and drink was over-priced and poor quality, and the view from the seats was crap ...

WS
Plus, if this is a poll on away grounds that Southend have played at (it may not be), you can't have Wembley unless you're at least 85 years old!

Mill Stad. Have to say that there are a lot of impressive stadia in London - the Boleyn, Highbury, WHL, Loftus Rd, the Cottage and the Bridge are all great grounds very near public transport. What's not to like?

Random lower league ground I like is Gigg Lane - great atmosphere in the away end, and genuinely a decent looking stadium.

Matt

How about lets not include the Mill Stad. Just normal away ground for th atmosphere, food, views, etc!

Rushden - but thats jus for the food!

biggrin.gif

The City Ground is def one of the better league grounds.

Food - Aggborough (great soup) or The Memorial Ground (lovely pasties)

Atmosphere depends so much on the crowd and how the game is going. For example, Moss Rose last season was buzzing, but I doubt it'd normally be as good as that.

As for good views, this of course depends where you're sitting, but Meadow Lane, Nene Park and Home Park are all cracking.

MtS mentioned Loftus Road, but I don't much like the away end there. If you are in the top tier, it's really difficult to see what's going on at the near touchline. Last time I saw us play there we got thrashed 4-0 though, so maybe that was a good thing!

I quite liked Nottm For's City Ground, but the atmosphere was as flat as a pancake.
One of the best atmosphere's I've heard in a ground was at Swindon this year. The noise was deafening, despite there being only 550 of us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 21 2005,13:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 21 2005,13:24)]MtS mentioned Loftus Road, but I don't much like the away end there.
That might be because I sat in the home stand to watch a spot of egg-chasing...

tounge.gif
Exactly what I was doing the last two times I went there
wink.gif

Food - Aggborough - fantastic Pies
Look - Stadio Olympico, Rome - Breathtaking
Atmosphere - Vetch Field

Back