• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News What Ron Martin told protesting Southend United fans

I thought he promised the court he would raise the money himself. Lies after lies after lies.
I hate the man but he said he didnt have the cash in his octet thats a difference from being able to raise the money

More worryingly is the statement he didnt think that Kimura could afford the new stadium.

Now he does so in a lot of crap but if if thats true it is a worry

Ron's been telling that to a few supporters for a while now
I hate the man but he said he didnt have the cash in his octet thats a difference from being able to raise the money

More worryingly is the statement he didnt think that Kimura could afford the new stadium.

Now he does so in a lot of crap but if if thats true it is a worry
Ron's been telling that to a few supporters for a while now. It's difficult to know what to believe as it's been stated by ITK's that Kimura have provided proof of funds on three separate occasions now.

Ron's been telling that to a few supporters for a while now. It's difficult to know what to believe as it's been stated by ITK's that Kimura have provided proof of funds on three separate occasions now.
Agree it is hard to know whats what

Proof of funds to buy the club and debts or all of that plus the ground

Last edited:

I'll play devil's advocate but I guess theres a scenario where the agreement to buy the stadium involves an outlay of tens of millions of pounds in 3 years time, once the stadium is built, I doubt Kimura are offering to pay for an unbuilt stadium now. How can Kimura prove funds will be there in 3 years time? I'd imagine thats quite difficult. But equally the way around would be for an agreement to be made to purchase FF or lease it.

I'll play devil's advocate but I guess theres a scenario where the agreement to buy the stadium involves an outlay of tens of millions of pounds in 3 years time, once the stadium is built, I doubt Kimura are offering to pay for an unbuilt stadium now. How can Kimura prove funds will be there in 3 years time? I'd imagine thats quite difficult. But equally the way around would be for an agreement to be made to purchase FF or lease it.
Ron wants all the money for FF up front and I think there lies the problem.

Amazing, he comes out to brave the storm, opens his mouth and nothing but utter bo##cks falls out.
He has no interest in selling Southend and will gladly spout 'It was not my fault it was the buyers' when we are kicked out of the league.
Let me guess these other two mystery buyers are probably unknown shell companies that he owns anyway and will miraculously fizzle out and be deemed not that serious in buying a run down groundless 14 man team, once Kimura's offer is taken off the table.

The stumbling block for any real buyer is him :Headbang:

That report says shares and ROOTS HALL offered to Kimura ? Which infers to buy but presumably the Roots Hall part of that offer is just for hire ?

Edit… just seen this in the other thread

That report says shares and ROOTS HALL offered to Kimura ? Which infers to buy but presumably the Roots Hall part of that offer is just for hire ?
He can’t offer the club + roots hall, without a caveat in there. Else he risks a new owner dropping plans to move to a new stadium… fossetts becomes a pipe dream and the land reverts to much cheaper greenfield

Back