• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What was the best?

What was the best? -

• Band Aid: Do they know it's Christmas?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA for Africa: We are the world.

• Both: They were for a good cause and it wasn't a competition

• Neither.

• Total voters
neither - they both make me physically sick.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the cause, it's just that show of false sentimentality and false emotion that really grates.

If half the celebs that sang on these gave away even a fraction of their personal wealth, then there would be no need for the assault on our ears.

Blimey - who ****ed on your cornflakes this morning?
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Feb. 03 2004,08:44)]If half the celebs that sang on these gave away even a fraction of their personal wealth, then there would be no need for the assault on our ears.
Absolutely.

It annoys me when you hear that Princess Diana/ Elton John etc. etc. did/does a lot for charity.

If doing a lot for charity involves wearing £2000 outfits to lavish gala balls then please allow me to help in any way I can.

Also if Bob Geldoff and Lenny Henry really want to help Africans perhaps they should go there and stay there. I#d be only too happy to give them a lift.

I'm in the 'neither' camp also. By all means donate the cost of the CD to the charity concerned but don't buy the rubbish - it just encourages them to release more. Has there ever been a decent charity single? I can't think of one.....

Every so often VH1 shows that woefully awful video of 'Do They Know........' and all these years later its all I can do to stop myself from chucking the wife through the telly. Screams of 'YOU FREAK!!! echo around the house when Boy George wabbles into the mic (strangely segregated from everyone else) I struggle to contain the contents of my stomach when 'Maralyn' is seen wandering past in a fake fur coat (would the world judge me harshly if I'd stabbed a broken bottle into his neck? and am I really the only person in the country who thought Paula Yates was an old slosh bucket even then?

Who remembers that famously bad appearance on TOTP's when the inmortal line 'Well tonight thank god its them instead of you' was yelled out by Paul Weller in Bono's voice!! Truely terrible.

Now 'We Are The World'was in a class of its own.Hands up who can name more than three people in that video apart from Michael 'we were only playing doctors and nurses' Jackson. Stevie Wonder and Bruce 'draft dodger' Springsteen? Yeah! thought not. Did you know that at least 10 of those d**kheads were actually paid to sing on that record, sort of going against the whole idea wouldn't you say?

The best thing about the whole story event for me was listening to it on the radio in the back garden while getting a birds eye view of my sisters very tasty mate sun batheing in her very, very small bikini.
tounge.gif
HUBBA HUBBA

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>I&#39;ve gone for &#39;We Are The World&#39;. Doubt I could listen to it now - but it was one of the first 7&quot;&#39;s I was ever bought. That and Supergran in I remember rightly....

ghostface.gif
</span>

Back