• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you mean Cheltenham last week?

He was arrested and I'd take a punt on a 3 year banning order, standard procedure I think.

If he was arrested, which, seeing as he was apprehended by the stewards when he got back in the West and then two police officers followed them out the back, he almost certainly was then he would be charged with the offence of going onto the playing area under Section 4 of the Football (Offences) Act 1991.

4 Going onto the playing area.

It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

On conviction he would then face a level three fine under the sentencing guidelines.

The real sting, for a football fan, then kicks in.

On conviction, this is a 'relevant offence' under the Football Spectators Act 1989, Part 2, Section 14A, Banning Orders as amended by the Football (Offences and Disorder) Act 1991 and further amended by the Football (Disorder) Act 2000.
Then, under Schedule 1, Part II, Section 14A, para 2:-

(2)If the court is satisfied that there are reasonable grounds to believe that making a banning order would help to prevent violence or disorder at or in connection with any regulated football matches, it must make such an order in respect of the offender.

If the court decides that they do not want to impose then it must give a reason why not under para 3:-

(3)If the court is not so satisfied, it must in open court state that fact and give its reasons.

Then under Section 14F, para 4 would apply in this case:-

14F Period of banning orders.

(1)Subject to the following provisions of this Part, a banning order has effect for a period beginning with the day on which the order is made.

(2)The period must not be longer than the maximum or shorter than the minimum.

(3)Where the order is made under section 14A above in addition to a sentence of imprisonment taking immediate effect, the maximum is ten years and the minimum is six years; and in this subsection “imprisonment” includes any form of detention.

(4)In any other case where the order is made under section 14A above, the maximum is five years and the minimum is three years.

(5)Where the order is made under section 14B above, the maximum is three years and the minimum is two years.

I think, matey boy, will be having to find something else to do with his time on Saturday afternoons for the next few years...... :whistling::facepalm::whistling:

Double standards all round. Someone goes onto the pitch, illegal activity and is possibly arrested and banned.
Cup game or promotion game, 100's or 1,000 plus surge onto the pitch, authorities turn a blind eye. I realise in this scenario it is impossible to nick everyone, but a rule is a rule?.

Double standards all round. Someone goes onto the pitch, illegal activity and is possibly arrested and banned.
Cup game or promotion game, 100's or 1,000 plus surge onto the pitch, authorities turn a blind eye. I realise in this scenario it is impossible to nick everyone, but a rule is a rule?.

This is usually at the end of a game though, not during it. How you would catch 100's of fans i'll never know

The kid was only about 13 or 14 and from what I hear was not a regular in the TBV area.

If that West Ham fan that ran onto the pitch during a game took a free kick, avoided a 3 year ban then this Kid probably should as well it was hardly malicious.

I'm sure many can remember the days when we used to hop over the North Bank wall run around the goal mouth and jump back in the terrace after every goal we scored.

One thing that really gets me angry is an imposter on the pitch. Have seen my fair share at RH, usually in a number 9 shirt and drawing huge wages.

Judging by the look of the kid thats the most exercise he'd had his whole life.
Encouraging obese children to take part in sporting activity should be commended and the Football League Fair Play award should be immediately awarded to the club.
Quite why he chose that particular moment remains a mystery, maybe the sugar rush of 4 packs of haribo's at half time suddenly kicked in ....

It was all a bit weird and almost surreal.

There was a group of youngsters that I sort of remembered seeing at games before but not regularly and they camped out in the first row of W block and were quite anonymous, really.
The lad who went on the pitch was right at the end of the row towards the wall, he just ambled along the front as if he was going to the toilet or something, seemed to pause momentarily then just walked slowly up to the gate stood right next to the steward, he then just stepped over the gate and then suddenly burst into life and ran onto the pitch.

We just all looked at each other in disbelief, just never saw it coming at all.:stunned:

Then, when he'd had his little run around he just came and climbed back over the same gate and then just seemed to wait for the stewards to take him away...... :unsure:

It was all a bit weird and almost surreal.

There was a group of youngsters that I sort of remembered seeing at games before but not regularly and they camped out in the first row of W block and were quite anonymous, really.
The lad who went on the pitch was right at the end of the row towards the wall, he just ambled along the front as if he was going to the toilet or something, seemed to pause momentarily then just walked slowly up to the gate stood right next to the steward, he then just stepped over the gate and then suddenly burst into life and ran onto the pitch.

We just all looked at each other in disbelief, just never saw it coming at all.:stunned:

Then, when he'd had his little run around he just came and climbed back over the same gate and then just seemed to wait for the stewards to take him away...... :unsure:

= Slaphead (knob)

Southend police will push for a Ban

These days it’s a minimum 3 year ( up to 10 years ) Ban for from all football league games and international Football and if he says he a southend fan he will be banned from going within a 3 mile radius on match days wherever Southend United are playing

Depends on his earnings maybe £300 compensation, a £15 victim surcharge and £85 costs to the CPS.

These days it’s a minimum 3 year ( up to 10 years ) Ban for from all football league games and international Football and if he says he a southend fan he will be banned from going within a 3 mile radius on match days wherever Southend United are playing

Depends on his earnings maybe £300 compensation, a £15 victim surcharge and £85 costs to the CPS.

Minimum 3 years maximum 5 years if fined, Minimum 6 years maximum 10 years if any form of detention is imposed.

But whatever he gets will make his nose bleed, all for a few seconds of stupidity.

Deserves the ban really for being so bloody stupid.

Minimum 3 years maximum 5 years if fined, Minimum 6 years maximum 10 years if any form of detention is imposed.

But whatever he gets will make his nose bleed, all for a few seconds of stupidity.

Deserves the ban really for being so bloody stupid.

Does he get a criminal record?

It was a Kid that ran on the pitch no older than 14, I doubt much of that will apply.

Back