• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What would you like to give Tilly for Xmas?

What would you like to give Tilly for Xmas?

• Total voters

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
Simples really.What would you really,really, like to give Tilly for Xmas?
So the poll options are 1) a new Chairman-no need to re-hash the reasons for this methinks:) 2) a "warchest" with lots of dosh in it to strengthen the squad in January? 3) a job for life at the club a la Dario Gradi at Crewe 4)wins over Hartlepool,Exeter,Col Ewe and Orient?
5)other(please specify)and share your bright ideas with us.
These options are not mutually exclusive (obviously)so feel free to vote for more than one option.
FWIW I've voted for options 2,3, and 4 and NOT for option 1.
On the basis that it's Xmas and RM is clearly going to be with us for the short - term at least and probably the medium -term too.Remember though as Keynes famously said-"in the long term we're all dead." So hurry up and get that new stadium at FF built Santa!

Last edited:
The wins everyday, tilly is a great manager on a small budget, but say if he moved to a club where he did have a big budget or we had a miracle and loads of money got pumped into the club, i dont know if i would trust him in the transfer market, although he has signed a few jems such as eastwood, barnard etc. there is a long list of awful signings!

The wins everyday, tilly is a great manager on a small budget, but say if he moved to a club where he did have a big budget or we had a miracle and loads of money got pumped into the club, i dont know if i would trust him in the transfer market, although he has signed a few jems such as eastwood, barnard etc. there is a long list of awful signings!

Interesting point SS5.

A nice pat on the head for a job well done ....... I'm sure some would give him more ;)

Personally in my opinion its nothing different from what any other manager would have done with what we have.

I would have thought that with any other manager than Tilly we'd already be in the bottom four.Which I admit you could argue is where we seem to be heading at the moment unless a)we can get a much needed win at home to Hartlepool on Saturday b)we can bring some new players into the club in January.

Definitely the wins, it would bolster the team confidence and stabilise the team position.

An injection of Judas Fry so that he will sprint 30 yards down the touchline like a demented Meerkat when we score a goal (remember what they are?)

Whilst the wins would be welcome they are a short-sighted option.
I would rather give him a key to free him from the restaints he has had to endure for far too long.

What would Tilly himself want?
Probably nothing more than an even playing field, with the same resorces as the average league one manager.

Given that IMO this season would have been about challenging for promotion rather than fighting against relegation.

Back