• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
Peolpe say this is a s**t league and we have to get out of it , which really annoys me. But think about this scenario.
We make it to the championship and spend 10 years finishing a place or two above the relegation spot every year.
Or we spend the same 10 years fighting promotion and relegation battles going up and down but always being involved in one end of league 1 and 2 and after 10 years finally reach the championship.
Which one would you rather have?

Tricky one, winning any league is better than losing the one above.

However you have to strive to improve and progress otherwise theres no point in winning any game.

Id rather be competing in the top half of League One than in the top 3 of League Two though. I mean, who wants to play Accrington Stanley. Who are they ?

I'd rather struggle for a few years in the Championship. Better revenue, standard of players and stadiums for us fans. Then once you become an established side, you might have one year where you're a bit lucky and who know's what might happen.

That being said, we're still in league 2 and have got a long long way before we're out of it.

I agree, championship every time - I live right between Forest and Derby and they or their fans certainly wouldn't contemplate league two or even league one (and remember Forest have recent memories of that) Derby fans still wouldn't be without their premier league season despite the constant humiliation they suffered that year.

Back