• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whatever you do...

shrimperian

Coach
There was a piece in the programme on Saturday about away fans standing up at Selhurst Park. I have just spoken with my Palace mate who has confirmed the following.....

ANY fan seen standing at Selhurst Park WILL be removed from the ground. The favourite practice is for offenders to be spotted during the first half and then when they leave their seats at half time, they are not allowed back in!!

Last season in a league cup tie against a lower league side, almost all the away fans were ejected from the stand!!! There are conflicting reports as to whether they were allowed back in if they paid the admission price again!!

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE OF THIS!!!

The police there are absolute dogs and will kick you for anything and the tw&tty jobsworth Stewards don't help much either so beware.

The last time i went there about 20 got chucked out and the atmosphere was by no means bad in any way, sometimes its just an easy nick for the plod.

Sorry, forgot to add that the view is so bad from the away stand that it will be difficult to see the far end without standing up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperian @ Aug. 07 2006,21:54)]There was a piece in the programme on Saturday about away fans standing up at Selhurst Park.  I have just spoken with my Palace mate who has confirmed the following.....

ANY fan seen standing at Selhurst Park WILL be removed from the ground.  The favourite practice is for offenders to be spotted during the first half and then when they leave their seats at half time, they are not allowed back in!!

Last season in a league cup tie against a lower league side, almost all the away fans were ejected from the stand!!!  There are conflicting reports as to whether they were allowed back in if they paid the admission price again!!

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE OF THIS!!!
That was my article. I was actually going on our last visits there during 95-6 and 96-7, although those reports suggest nothing has changed!

I know a few people who have been ejected at half-time with no previous warning because they have been spotted standing up during the first half (although this was probably a good thing during our last visit - a 6-1 defeat!).

I do remember in 96 a fair few people being ejected. By the time we were 4 down I think most people were asking to be let out.

I don't think Argie pete was ejected and he spent most of the time standing up and showing the home fans one of his posters. Whatever happened to him. Haven't seen him for ages.

The last time I was there was for Norwich v Palace in 2004. A win for the Canaries meant automatic promotion to the Prem so they filled the entire Arthur Wait stand. Lots of them ****ed up, lots of them standing - I saw no trouble with stewards and no mass ejection.

i heard the stewards are very good at palace now but we will just have to see
blues.gif

Back