• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we cant have the north bank, then to me the next best thing would be to
say,

make block X a singing section with unallocated seating, it is larger than block W, but still in the west stand, and far enough away from the away surportors as to not cause any problems.
Block X is boarded both sides by a small brick walls, thus making it a clear defind area for those who like to make a bit more noise.

Snr.

but surely one of the main arguments to have TBV in the west was to try to get the rest of the stand involved. Blocking in TBV in between two brick walls will seems as if it is completely separated from the rest of the stand and may therefore discourage participation in chanting across the rest of the stand. Just my opinion (which is probably a stupid opinion)

but surely one of the main arguments to have TBV in the west was to try to get the rest of the stand involved. Blocking in TBV in between two brick walls will seems as if it is completely separated from the rest of the stand and may therefore discourage participation in chanting across the rest of the stand. Just my opinion (which is probably a stupid opinion)

I know what you mean Sam but the noise should still carry as it is still under the same roof, and it will give us a "defined" area.

In the last couple of home games i've a noticed a lot more supporters from the rest of the West Stand joining in with W Block. Are these North Bankers that are now sat in the West ? I like TBV where it is, but I think somehow the area needs to be bigger as mentioned previously.

If we cant have the north bank, then to me the next best thing would be to
say,

make block X a singing section with unallocated seating, it is larger than block W, but still in the west stand, and far enough away from the away surportors as to not cause any problems.
Block X is boarded both sides by a small brick walls, thus making it a clear defind area for those who like to make a bit more noise.

Snr.

Is X where the SUFC youth were sitting last Saturday ? If so, it didn't look like they had a particularly good view.

Yes - the SUFC youth were in there on Saturday which gave me the idea.
I have sat in there many many years ago when we played Tranmere in the 3rd round of the FA cup, and it was not a bad view.

Well if not, lets be greedy, let us have block X and Block W, as unallocated seats / vocal surport, the more room we have, the more we may be able to entice other surporters over to join us. But tthe key factor is, the seats need to unallocated.

Snr.

Is there any value in making the South (Upper and Lower), the "new" North Bank....no stewarding issues and might inspire other Banks to combine against away vocal support .......leading to the return of Fortress Roots Hall??

Is there any value in making the South (Upper and Lower), the "new" North Bank....no stewarding issues and might inspire other Banks to combine against away vocal support .......leading to the return of Fortress Roots Hall??

That was tried years ago behind the goal in the south lower the stand simply does not project any noise

I could get us x block with unallocated seating i think
Let us try it - we can give it a go on Friday night and see what happens, we have nothing to loose, there will be no need for any additional stewards or any additional costs. And there will be more room, for us all. Then block V could move over into block W if they wish to, helping to generate more noise.

Why the need for an allocated area? In the many years that Southend United (and most other clubs for that matter) have enjoyed vocal support from a group that sing songs..it is only since someone invented something called TBV that there has been any discussion about organisation? Where did that come from?
Football support is largely spontaneous and generations of supporters have grouped in particular areas of every club - without being told to or asked to.
Have we found ourselves in 2013 where young men that go to football, to sing, chant and support their team...now require directions? Bloody hell. the class of 2013? What on earth are you like??

Gather wherever you want. It used to be the North Bank but for segregation reasons that is no longer possible. When the North Bank was not available in previous years, the same people gathered in the northern corner of the West. They were not directed, or told..it was spontaneous.

Would the Blue Voice require directions to and from the bar? Instructions on where to sit??

Football has been sanitised to the point where our "lads" need instruction in where to gather?? Laughable. No wonder our vocal support is so, so poor compared with previous generations.

Song sheets? Name badges? Perhaps do a song request spot!!

Just support the team! Stop organising!

The rest of the stand don't join in anyway jnr

Why the need for an allocated area? In the many years that Southend United (and most other clubs for that matter) have enjoyed vocal support from a group that sing songs..it is only since someone invented something called TBV that there has been any discussion about organisation? Where did that come from?
Football support is largely spontaneous and generations of supporters have grouped in particular areas of every club - without being told to or asked to.
Have we found ourselves in 2013 where young men that go to football, to sing, chant and support their team...now require directions? Bloody hell. the class of 2013? What on earth are you like??

Gather wherever you want. It used to be the North Bank but for segregation reasons that is no longer possible. When the North Bank was not available in previous years, the same people gathered in the northern corner of the West. They were not directed, or told..it was spontaneous.

Would the Blue Voice require directions to and from the bar? Instructions on where to sit??

Football has been sanitised to the point where our "lads" need instruction in where to gather?? Laughable. No wonder our vocal support is so, so poor compared with previous generations.

Hence why I these days just let it happen

In those "old days" the noise came from the north bank as you say. There wasnt any organisation because everyone knew where to go and could stand there, when that disappeared and we became all seated then you have to organise people into an area or they will be split up.

Whether they are "organised" to sit in the North or West they will still be grouping in a specific location exactly like they used to.

People cant "gather where they want" without first deciding where that will be surely.

In those "old days" the noise came from the north bank as you say. There wasnt any organisation because everyone knew where to go and could stand there, when that disappeared and we became all seated then you have to organise people into an area or they will be split up.

Whether they are "organised" to sit in the North or West they will still be grouping in a specific location exactly like they used to.

People cant "gather where they want" without first deciding where that will be surely.

Yep i agree with that statement, very true, which is wht people will sit in the east, west or south.
But can we try and get into block X on friday night thou, as block W does get packed, and i then have to go of and sit where my ticket states. Sometimes with unminded, like people to myself.
Snr.

Back then did you have allocated tickets, or could you go where you liked?
Could you stand without someone behind you being unhappy about it ?

you are not comparing like with like

Rip the seats out and let people walk from one end to the other in the west stand at half time depending on what way we are shooting i say! This also lets the people who want to sing congregate in a more densely populated space! It will also increase the capacity of the ground.

I'm sure there would be volunteers out there to get rid of em!

Isn't there a regulation that prevents an all seater stadium being reverted back to terracing?

Back