• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When are we beyond safety in L1?

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
I know there are plenty of you out there who enjoy calculations and permutations, so, who has worked out when we are likely to be relegated, and can put this awful season behind us? Am clinging on to the hope that we won't be the earliest Club relegated without having points deducted!

It's impossible to say when we will be relegated because it depends on how we, Wimbledon and Tranmere perform. However, we are effectively 16 points adrift of safety with 33 points still remaining. Wimbledon still have to play Tranmere so there will be at least one more point gained by them there so we are 17 points adrift.

On current form (the past 5 matches) Wimbledon are gaining 0.6 points per match and Tranmere 0.2 points per match while we are gaining 0.0 points per match. On that basis Wimbledon will finish with 7 more points thus putting us 24 points adrift. If we fail to gain any points from our next three games we will be relegated on March 28th after losing at home to Sunderland (that would be ironic....).

If Wimbledon go on a winning run it would be earlier.

But really, who cares? Let's focus on next season and how to survive...

It's got the Sunderland game written all over it. At this point I presume Uncle Ron will announce the season ticket prices for division 2.

It's got the Sunderland game written all over it. At this point I presume Uncle Ron will announce the season ticket prices for division 2.

I like the symmetry of that too.Last season we famously beat them to stau up.This time round they could well send us down at the end of March.Though with a 15 point gap between us and safety we could be down earlier than that I suppose. :Cry:

Either way I'll be around for our last match of the season (at home to Shrewsbury in May) safe in the knowledge that we'll be in L2 next season.

Think Sunderland game is also International break weekend. Could be rearranged if Sunderland have enough International call ups ?

He best make sure that prices are reduced or we will see the smallest take up of tickets for many years.

The sooner we're relegated the better, its been hanging over for what feels like 2 years now.

If season tickets are at the same prize or somehow higher I don't think I can justify renewing for the first time in over 15 years. There's only so many times you can get mugged off by Ron before enough is enough.

depending on when Bolton's re-arranged games are I think there is a real chance that we can be relegated before them even if we are still above them in the table.

Back