• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

when to expect time/date/place of Q & A

when ron said at the protest on saturday that it had been confirmed this would be held on monday i fully expected to go the OS on monday and see the confirmed details.

still nothing.

True Blue mentioned it may be at the palace hotel but nothing concrete as yet.

surely we need to be told soon???

Probably confirming all the logisitics of it so it does not become a free for all. Need to consider a venue for the expected numbers ect. Obviously would want to make sure this goes smoothly.

Or, and how about this for a coincidence, it might be ever so slightly difficult to find a venue capable of holding a large number of fans at such short notice?

As i've already said, why not just have it in the East Stand of Root Hall? Surely cheaper than renting out a massive room?

Plus, as an added bonus, if it's crap, you can pop downstairs into the bar and watch it on tv

I would expect Southend United to release a statement saying that we are in a relegation battle soon. But don't expect them to release this for at least another 5 games.

Erect a stage at Fossetts Farm and have it there. **** all else going on there.

Not true.

We have had a pikey invasion and subsequent removal.

And a man in disguise, looked a bit like Christopher Dean, using a metal detector to locate some sort of "chest" when I asked him.

Oh and I saw a bat flying about last evening.

It's all going on.

Conspiracy Theory No.1: The later he announces this, the less chance there is of fans getting there, thus reducing the numbers of irate fans he has to placate.

Conspiracy Theory No.2: Ron's cheque for the deposit for the Palace Theatre bounced and he is now forced to look for an alternative location. Ron will release a statement shortly condeming the Palace Theatre for their aggressive attitude in not allowing us to use their premises despite him categorically telling them they might get their money eventually.

Conspiracy Theory No.3: The flying bat recently spotted at Fossetts Farm attacked and viciously mauled Ron's barnet, damaging it beyond repair. Ron is in grieving and there will be no Q&A session.

Probably confirming all the logisitics of it so it does not become a free for all. Need to consider a venue for the expected numbers ect. Obviously would want to make sure this goes smoothly.
Ron would probably prefer for it NOT to run smoothly, it would give him the perfect excuse to walk away and not give the answers we all want. He would then blame the fans, everyone who attends must be calm and articulate, don't give Ron any reason to turn this against us.

If it is going to be held on Monday night I would expect a statement before the match on Saturday, or failing that before the game on Tuesday saying it has been held and RM answered all the questions asked of him

If it is going to be held on Monday night I would expect a statement before the match on Saturday, or failing that before the game on Tuesday saying it has been held and RM answered all the questions asked of him

You are almost right with the last point. I can exclusively reveal to the world that the Q&A session has already been held and passed off uneventfully. Time to close this thread I think.

Back