• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Where are the LDV highlights

jro

First XI
Good to see Blues world are as on the ball as ever. Almost one week on and still no highlights of last wednesdays game yet.

Is it worth getting in touch just to hear their usual 'the club have not sent them to us yet'.

Actually Colchester haven't sent them through yet but Matt at Layer Road assures me they are on the way.

More importantly where is the DVD/VHS of the 2003-04 campaign including our run to the LDV Final?

whats holding that up, and will it be out in time for xmas?

I now have the final version in my possesion with the voiceover complete. I will be given the OK to the production company tomorrow to produce it on DVD hopefully this should take no longer then 2 weeks.

Needless to say we won't be using them this season, we have already started on this season's DVD and the only reason for having to stay with the company we did was they held all the match footage. Not a problem this year though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 05 2004,22:29)]I now have the final version in my possesion with the voiceover complete. I will be given the OK to the production company tomorrow to produce it on DVD hopefully this should take no longer then 2 weeks.

Needless to say we won't be using them this season, we have already started on this season's DVD and the only reason for having to stay with the company we did was they held all the match footage. Not a problem this year though.
Whos doing the voice over?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

I have always thought Steven Hawkins would make a great comentator

Terry Alderton did it and it made me chuckle in places. It's all very much tongue in cheek the way it should be.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Oct. 06 2004,10:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 05 2004,22:29)]I now have the final version in my possesion with the voiceover complete. I will be given the OK to the production company tomorrow to produce it on DVD hopefully this should take no longer then 2 weeks.

Whos doing the voice over?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

I have always thought Steven Hawkins would make a great comentator
i can see the appeal
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Oct. 06 2004,12:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 06 2004,10:27)]Terry Alderton did it and it made me chuckle in places. It's all very much tongue in cheek the way it should be.
Fuc me That must be a first for him
Be fair to the bloke he might not be everyone's taste but he's Southend through and through and always tries to plug the club when he can.

Not to mention he did it for free for the Club at cost to him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 06 2004,12:33)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 06 2004,10:27)]Terry Alderton did it and it made me chuckle in places. It's all very much tongue in cheek the way it should be.
Be fair to the bloke he might not be everyone's taste but he's Southend through and through and always tries to plug the club when he can.

Good lad Terry.

He's always said he would buy the club if he won the lottery.

He's just waiting for those 3 lucky numbers to come up...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 06 2004,11:33)]
[b said:
[b said:

Which reminds me, last night on the Match, Terry was wearing the home kit without gaffer tape, and when Calum was booted off, Terry deliberately walked in front of the camera to show the kit...

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 06 2004,12:33)]Be fair to the bloke he might not be everyone's taste but he's Southend through and through and always tries to plug the club when he can.

While on the subject of Terry and plugging the club…

Surely with Terry Alderton on 'The Match' wearing the Blues shirt every day plugging 'Betterview' then some we should get some kind of additional payment over the deal? It may already have been done, but for that kind of advertising we should really ask for some kind of goodwill gesture from ‘Betterview’.

I'm sure they didn't envisage having their name on Sky TV at prime time for a couple of weeks and are extremely chuffed at the publicity all being for free!

Einstein

I met him in the club shop when he was picking all his SUFC gear out with Dave, had a chat with him and though he was a nice bloke.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 06 2004,12:44)]I'm sure they didn't envisage having their name on Sky TV at prime time for a couple of weeks and are extremely chuffed at the publicity all being for free!
True, but then people who spend all day watching satellite TV are less likely to be in the position to spend a couple of grand on a conservatory.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 06 2004,12:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 06 2004,12:44)]I'm sure they didn't envisage having their name on Sky TV at prime time for a couple of weeks and are extremely chuffed at the publicity all being for free!
True, but then people who spend all day watching satellite TV are less likely to be in the position to spend a couple of grand on a conservatory.

smile.gif
Good Point. Perhaps Betterview should open a showroom in Liverpool.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 06 2004,13:33)]
[b said:

smile.gif
'Prime Time TV' is the most expensive way to advertise due to viewing figures being the highest, it is regarded as roughly 7pm til 11pm I believe. Hence Betterview are getting quality value for money because as far as I'm aware they do not have to pay extra at the moment.

I'm not quite clued up on 'The Match' as only watched it for first time last night, but I think you thought I meant 'daytime TV'? I know its one of these 'reality shows', however wasn't even aware that it was on all day and thought the 9pm show was the main feature?

Einstein

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 06 2004,13:33)]
[b said:

smile.gif
However Housewifes who generally are at home cos the husband earns enough for them to be there play a pivitol roll in sales process.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 06 2004,12:33)]
[b said:
[b said:

your right

Back