• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Where was you when.....

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
you first had gravy on your chips??

I was obviously up north. It was in a fish and chip shop in Liverpool just before a game at Anfield. Never looked back since. well invented. Northern boys love their gravy
biggrin.gif

I was in my dining room when i had it for the first time.
Never had it up north tho, even tho i had the chance when Southend played York a few times.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ July 15 2004,17:39)]I "were" in school getting a grammar lesson.
Petty petty very petty. "Getting" a grammar lesson... hmm..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 15 2004,17:00)]you first had gravy on your chips??

I was obviously up north. It was in a fish and chip shop in Liverpool just before a game at Anfield. Never looked back since. well invented. Northern boys love their gravy  
biggrin.gif
You're not a northerner then?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ July 15 2004,22:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 15 2004,17:00)]you first had gravy on your chips??

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
whose asking
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 15 2004,22:42)]
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
whose asking  
tounge.gif
Just curious...

A northerner asks for chips with his gravy and not chips & gravy.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ July 15 2004,22:48)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
whose asking  
tounge.gif
Just curious...

wink.gif
caught me out then!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 15 2004,22:55)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
whose asking  
tounge.gif
Just curious...

wink.gif
caught me out then!
True, but I won't hold it against you!
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ July 15 2004,22:58)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
whose asking  
tounge.gif
Just curious...

wink.gif
caught me out then!
cool.gif
well didn't catch me out as such but you guessed right. so where you from? going hammers game how u getting there?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 15 2004,23:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ July 15 2004,22:58)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
whose asking  
tounge.gif
Just curious...

wink.gif
caught me out then!
cool.gif
well didn't catch me out as such but you guessed right. so where you from? going hammers game how u getting there?
Canvey

If I can get tickets, will go by car probably... don't know yet?

Never had Chips and Gravy was pondering it at Rochdale last season, but I just can't be arsed. Come Grimsby this season defo gonna get some Cod and chips!
smile.gif

My ex was from Manchester and it used to sicken me when she used to put gravy on her chips.

I don't mind mushy peas or curry sauce though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ July 16 2004,11:01)]My ex was from Manchester and it used to sicken me when she used to put gravy on her chips.

what about cheese?

and it's not true of all Northerners. Peter Mandelson from Hartlepool wrongly assumed mushy peas were guacamole. Easy mistake to make.

Never had chips & gravy so can't comment. They do pea fritters down here though, giant glutinous balls of tasteless snot coloured mush covered in batter. I'm not a fan...!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 16 2004,11:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ July 16 2004,11:01)]My ex was from Manchester and it used to sicken me when she used to put gravy on her chips.

what about cheese?

and it's not true of all Northerners. Peter Mandelson from Hartlepool wrongly assumed mushy peas were guacamole. Easy mistake to make.
Bad example, Mandelson is a complete ponce who's probably never been in a chippy in his life. He's probably only ever been in a working men's club to look for a bit of rough trade..!
laugh.gif

I like gravy on my chips... and you should see the look on the face of my Mrs. Guess Brazilian's who grow up in the Med just don't understand.

biggrin.gif

Back