• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Where were you when....

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
you had your first pint before a football match?

every since my first pint on the day of football i haven't looked back and i owe it to a pub along the london road which at the moment i can't think the name of. It has the bar area and another area with pool table by theatre is it?

Some pub in Peterborough near the cathedral, aged 17. Can't say it's had the slightest effect on my drinking or football-watching career... sorry!

tounge.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 20 2004,15:35)]1. How many did you have when you went in there?

2. And have you been at the brew again today?
1. Two or three pints, at a guess.

2. No. Alcohol has never really been a vice of mine.

cool.gif

Many a glass of lemonade in the Spread when I was seven or eight, whilst my Dad and his mates got involved in the lager beer.
sad.gif

First pre-match pint was (I think) in The Spread when I was about 16, shortly before a game vs Luton.

The start of a beautiful friendship
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 20 2004,16:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 20 2004,15:35)]1. How many did you have when you went in there?

2. And have you been at the brew again today?
1. Two or three pints, at a guess.

2. No. Alcohol has never really been a vice of mine.

cool.gif
Sorry... forgot to press the quote button as my question was aimed at the original poster due to the fact that...
a) he couldn't remember where he was

and

b) his English is a bit all over the place.

Cherry Tree Dagenham aged 13, then to the Eastbrook via various other under18 friendly pubs to watch Dagenham FC. Be very strange to redo that Saturday as a visiting supporter
biggrin.gif
CMON U BLUES !!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ July 20 2004,17:45)]Cherry Tree Dagenham aged 13, then to the Eastbrook via various other under18 friendly pubs to watch Dagenham FC. Be very strange to redo that Saturday as a visiting supporter
biggrin.gif
 CMON U BLUES !!!
The Eastbrook? Classy!! Have u seen it recently? Looks terrible...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ July 20 2004,18:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ July 20 2004,17:45)]Cherry Tree Dagenham aged 13, then to the Eastbrook via various other under18 friendly pubs to watch Dagenham FC. Be very strange to redo that Saturday as a visiting supporter
biggrin.gif
 CMON U BLUES !!!
The Eastbrook? Classy!! Have u seen it recently? Looks terrible...
AAh yes. But then my nearest local before I left Dagen'NAm was The Pipers and even though it was on my doorstep I never fancied going into a crack den as well as the fact before that, I lived on the "other side of the park" which meant I would've got stanleyed! how I miss those near-death experiences.
biggrin.gif

LAst time I went to Eastbrook was the Dagenham~Donnie playoff final. Though I wanted Dagenham to win, I didn't really because i'd hated for us to play them. It wsn't THAT bad then but i'm just scummy
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

The Salisbury in Bournemouth. Strange as it may seem, it was my first away game with Southend on a Boxing Day way back in 1982. Went back there about 15 years later and it hadn't changed a bit. Still serving up a decent pint and roast potatoes on a sunday. All round class act.

I had a few cans of Coors before watching the mighty Colorado Buffaloes demolish the pitiful Colorado State Rams a couple of years back, Oh, wait...wrong kind of football
tounge.gif

gotta be the blue boar,if i remember correctly.me richie merrin,mark merrin,chris mcafferey and andy hill.Am i correct in thinking that the place has opened up again?or am i just cuckoo?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ July 21 2004,02:22)]gotta be the blue boar,if i remember correctly.me richie merrin,mark merrin,chris mcafferey and andy hill.Am i correct in thinking that the place has opened up again?or am i just cuckoo?
If thats the one across road from The Spread, then yes it has re-opened a while back. More like a bar now....

My first game having had a few sherbets was an England game at Wembley. It was a friendly maybe against Switzerland....1991ish

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 21 2004,10:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ July 21 2004,00:48)]Probably in the Railway
Just one question:

Why?

rock.gif

tounge.gif

It is difficult to imagine that there is a less inviting-looking pub in the country...

Matt
I think pubs built into tower blocks / prefabricated buildings in the middle of rough estates are far less inviting.

[b said:
[b said:
Just one question:

Why?

rock.gif

tounge.gif

It is difficult to imagine that there is a less inviting-looking pub in the country...

Matt
The Monaco - Canvey

The place is a dive, full of "tooled up yobs!"

Incidents every week guaranteed.
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ July 21 2004,12:46)]
[b said:
[b said:
Just one question:

Why?

rock.gif

tounge.gif

Matt
The Monaco - Canvey

The place is a dive, full of "tooled up yobs!"

Incidents every week guaranteed.  
ghostface.gif
It's the Monico actually!

I went in there with my future brothers in law and his mates (all Canvey lads in their 30's) and we had no trouble at all. That said I am in no hurry to rush back.

Astairs was a lot worse. Downstairs there were no women in there OLDER than 14.

Upstairs was a drum and bass night with a Barrington Belgrave-a-like toasting on the mic.

It was bloody awful and I will never darken their door again as long as I live.

Whilst we are talking about pubs has anyone been to the Barge Gladys on Benfleet creek. Well worth a visit when the weathers nice.

Back