• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Where were you when......

Hawkwell Blue

Manager
With so many great moments in our recent history I have been lucky to have been at many of them, Championship 1981, Stockport in 1987, Peterborough in 1990, Bury in 1991, Col U semi final at Roots Hall in the LDV in 2004, Bristol City and Man U in 2006 and Chelsea away this year.

However, I did not make it to Swansea in 2006 and "enjoyed" the moment of promotion while pacing up and down my hall.

Blues' fans must have enjoyed great moments in some obscure places, with people who didn't care or just did not get it.

I am sure some foreign lands have echoed to Blues' fans celebrating some great moments......We could have the furthest away celebration of a promotion, the highest, the hottest, the coldest, the oddest and so on. Plus some weird UK venues too.

Celebrating a 2-0 Carling Cup win over Watford with my Southend supporting mate who was on holiday at a hotel just down the road to mine in Greece in August 2007. Not really that much worth celebrating etiher! Good win though!

Missed lots of those, that was my "barren" spell - but was there when we held Liverpool!

1981 - Inside the milkman's penis

1987 - I was 2 years young and had a strange passion for milk

1990 - Maggie had taken away my milk and I was not best pleased

1991 - still annoyed with Maggie but I could see good old John 'fancy a currie' Major was on the way!

2004 - I ran on the pitch this game on me own and got arrested while trying to have a protest over lack of milk for our kids

2006 - I don't remember much of this year its a bit of a drugged up blur I was sniffing 3 grams of milk powder a day

Oh and I forgot attempting to celebrate the c*l ewe semi final at Roots Hall in the LDV in 2004. Earlier that day my great nan had died and I was also on holiday at Center Parcs so I was restricted to Sky Sports News clips of Juppy waving a flag and not in the happiest of moods.

Havent been on holiday for 4 years so I've been to most of the 'Big games' in recent times

One that I did miss was the 3-1 win over Col U when The Goat scored twice

In a empty turkish bar waiting for Eastwood to take free kick against Man unt. He scores fell of stool, banged head on bar as i fell to ground, bottle of efes flew in another direction, barman wondering if i had just gone insane.

Watching us beat Man Utd in a bar in Morocco, surrounded by locals wearing fake replica shirts, and next to a group of ManU fans from..... wait for it.... MANCHESTER !

When the scum beat leeds I was on the bus from the Essoldo{Classic}cinema, where Halford's is today, on the way home. Someone had a radio on and when I heard the score I wanted to vomit, I remember it like it was yesterday.

With so many great moments in our recent history I have been lucky to have been at many of them, Championship 1981, Stockport in 1987, Peterborough in 1990, Bury in 1991, Col U semi final at Roots Hall in the LDV in 2004, Bristol City and Man U in 2006 and Chelsea away this year.

However, I did not make it to Swansea in 2006 and "enjoyed" the moment of promotion while pacing up and down my hall.

Blues' fans must have enjoyed great moments in some obscure places, with people who didn't care or just did not get it.

I am sure some foreign lands have echoed to Blues' fans celebrating some great moments......We could have the furthest away celebration of a promotion, the highest, the hottest, the coldest, the oddest and so on. Plus some weird UK venues too.
I was at all the games.

Having jumped around the living room like a loon for 10 minutes after we initially pulled Man Utd out of the hat, it slowly dawned on me that I'd be out of the country on business for the crucial date. Ended up dodging an early-afternoon meeting in Dallas to stream the game on the net, discovering a problem on my laptop that wouldn't display things properly, and then viewing the game in a technicolour combination of pink and blue. I could barely make out the action at times but can still see Eastwood's pink free-kick flying over a luminous wall and into a fluorescent blue onion bag.

Best part of it was watching the game with a Man U-supporting, Surrey-living work colleague whose face I've been rubbing it in on a regular basis ever since!

Back