• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Where would you sit in the new stadium?

I wouldn't mind a seat around the half-way line, I reckon. About two-thirds of the way up.

Yeah, that sounds good. Plus if I put my application in now I might get my season card for the first game.

All about the smaller stand that’s opposite the main stand. This is where maximum noise would be made because of the lower roof. Note that at derby the noise came from the right of us and nothing was really heard from the bigger main stand to our left.

And, again like at derby the atmosphere will be greater and noise louder the closer you are to the away end. I for one will be planning on sitting in said smaller stand as close to the away fans as possible. Equivalent to west stand block X at the hall.

If it all goes wrong you'll probably get a row to yourself, just like the good old days.

Big fat comfy chair on the halfway line for me please.. preferably near the bar..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Oct. 05 2006,14:31)]Also, if a singing section is dedicated, it should be right next to the away fans enclosure.
I think that would be a very unwise move by the club, more provocative than proactive. I would suggest that the club would want fans to support the club with positive cheering and motivational singing to spur on the players on the pitch, rather than spend their entire time looking at the away fans with 90 minutes of unexplained attraction, drawing fingers aggressivly across throats and goading opposition fans into an intense period of provocative close-harmony singing. Reciprocation is seen in the eyes of the provocateurs as "unfair" with half-witted response of stamping feet accompanied with demands for the stewards to "do samfink", surely not progressive towards a positive attitude inside the stadium. What say you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 06 2006,15:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Oct. 05 2006,14:31)]Also, if a singing section is dedicated, it should be right next to the away fans enclosure.
I think that would be a very unwise move by the club, more provocative than proactive. I would suggest that the club would want fans to support the club with positive cheering and motivational singing to spur on the players on the pitch, rather than spend their entire time looking at the away fans with 90 minutes of unexplained attraction, drawing fingers aggressivly across throats and goading opposition fans into an intense period of provocative close-harmony singing. Reciprocation is seen in the eyes of the provocateurs as "unfair" with half-witted response of stamping feet accompanied with demands for the stewards to "do samfink", surely not progressive towards a positive attitude inside the stadium. What say you?
I say you use some long words!! Did anyone in the army understand you?
wink.gif

I'd have to have a look around, but front row of the second tier behind the goal or on the halfway line takes my liking.

I suppose the way they SHOULD allocate seats is to take the season ticket holders that have been a season ticket holder at the hall for the longest first, gradually working down to people who havent ever had a season ticket.

Anyone else agree?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'd have to have a look around, but front row of the second tier behind the goal or on the halfway line takes my liking.

I don't think the new ground got two tier!

i want closest to block T row E seat 66 of the old roots hall!!

Having said that being able to get a seat would be a start and being able to afford one to being a student and all
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Essex_nik @ Oct. 08 2006,13:07)]i want closest to block T row E seat 66 of the old roots hall!!

Having said that being able to get a seat would be a start and being able to afford one to being a student and all
sad.gif
Exactly!!

Season ticket me up buttercup

[b said:
Quote[/b] (silentshrimper @ Oct. 06 2006,17:12)]Im sitting on the roof seats. Bet no one knew about them.
Well im going to sit either on the bench or up on the roof (as the song goes)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Oct. 06 2006,17:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'd have to have a look around, but front row of the second tier behind the goal or on the halfway line takes my liking.

I don't think the new ground got two tier!
Isn't there exec boxes going around some of the ground, and therefore making a second tier above? I agree its not really much of a tier.

We need too make sure everyone who enjoys a sing song sits together this time. Roots hall is great when you hear singing coming from all corners of the ground but its so quite.

If everyone sits together the atmos will be great.

I cant understand why people sit and watch football in scilence.
Wheres the passion. Get involved.

The team play a lot better if the crowd gets behind them.
Its not just the players who make the club.
Its us.
The Fans.

Southend Till I die
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CoolPaul @ Oct. 14 2006,14:49)]We need too make sure everyone who enjoys a sing song sits together this time. Roots hall is great when you hear singing coming from all corners of the ground but its so quite.

If everyone sits together the atmos will be great.

I cant understand why people sit and watch football in scilence.
Wheres the passion. Get involved.

The team play a lot better if the crowd gets behind them.
Its not just the players who make the club.
Its us.
The Fans.

Southend Till I die
smile.gif
great post paul! totally agree, I can't wait!

I love roots hall though, but I still wanna move
tounge.gif

Back