• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who Do You Think You Are - Jerry Springer

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
I know there was footie on last night, but did anyone else catch this programme? I think it's repeated this evening around 7/7.30 on BBC2 and if you get the chance I really would encourage you to watch.

Amazingly moving, his parents, with his older sister, escaped Jewish persecution from what was part of old Germany but is now just inside Poland, at the start of WW2 and he went back to search for his family's history. The stories of what his parents' mothers went through were just beyond belief.

When he broke down at the Polish station in Lodz(?) it was heart breaking as when he read the Jewish prayer in the concentration camp.

Nice end to it though.

Hasnt he done something similar before about his Jewish history. Am sure I have seen him in something similar. It certainly didnt involve a 30 stone transexual giving it a whatever sign to her 8 stone lover.

Don't know Gary, I hadn't seen anything like this before on him. I thought the researcher lady got very emotional as well, with his maternal grandmother's story. My daughter's about to start History GCSE and I was trying to get her to watch it as they do a lot on 20th century history but she was too involved with multi tasking on her mobile, ipod and the laptop! Very interesting and powerful recount of that time, and so hard to understand how it is, as he said, only about 60 years ago.

I really like 'Who Do You Think You Are', always try to watch it when it's on. Last night's was very moving indeed, and a reminder of the horror us human's can commit. People should always be reminded of that so that we do not repeat such atrocities again. I though Springer handled everything thrown at him with remarkable grace aswell, respect to him.

My Uncle is researching my mother's family tree at the moment, and he's got back quite along way I think. I'd like to research my fathers side one day just to find out where my weird surname comes from, we've always thought it sounds scandinavian but as far as the family know's we've always come from Essex.

The Stephen Fry episode was very similar too. A lot of very sad truths probably lie behind most of our family trees.

And they say the old days were the best eh!

Back