• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was the last car through the tunnel on the way before they shut it. Coming back we decided to head along the coast towards Brighton and then up through the villages around Worthing to join the A23 and then the M 23. We stopped at a Harvester in Portsmouth for a beer until the traffic subsided and then set off on the journey. Got back to leigh at around 1:30am.

Travelling back to North Wales last night was a challenge too. Access to the A34 closed from the M3 so had to work out diversion as no signs, same at access to M40 at Oxford then M42 shut and the M6 and finally to crown a long journey of 5 hours the A55 to North Wales at Chester was blocked off. Mostly roadworks.
The atmosphere at Fratton Park was superb though and kept us going through a long night, arriving home at 3-15 am :thumbsup:

Travelling back to North Wales last night was a challenge too. Access to the A34 closed from the M3 so had to work out diversion as no signs, same at access to M40 at Oxford then M42 shut and the M6 and finally to crown a long journey of 5 hours the A55 to North Wales at Chester was blocked off. Mostly roadworks.
The atmosphere at Fratton Park was superb though and kept us going through a long night, arriving home at 3-15 am :thumbsup:

North Wales to Portsmouth! Jeezus, that's some commitment. :clap:

I ended up stuck in Aldersh*t, cheering on Braintree town. I watched a team with 10 men recover from going an early goal down to win 2-1. Sadly not the Southend game.

Matt Paterson scored in the 88th minute. At least the result from further South cheered me up somewhat.

Whose flipping idea was it to make this game a Tuesday night - I am sure lots of people would have gone to this had it been a Saturday :thumbdown:

Lot's of people did make it Tinks...773 IIRC. I reckon we would have topped a 1,000 had it been on a Saturday.

Pompey away would be the perfect venue for a promotion chasing match late in the season, cracking ground...proper old skool football stadium.

Fortunately left pretty early and arrived at 520pm and parked our bums in the pub for 2 hours. Made it home at 1235 after shooting along the A27, up the A24 and joining up with the A23!

Well done to all those fans who made the trip. I could hear you on the radio. Shame it had to be a mid week game otherwise I would have been there. Now lets really get behind the team this Saturday and who knows, top of the league by 5pm?

Incredible atmosphere and an intimidating arena, gave me the impression that there were far more than around 13000 in attendance, particularly when they scored. Nice to hear, apart from at our end, how quiet it was at the final whistle. :smile:

Made me proud to be a Southend fan. We completely outsung pompey and I am sure it got through to rhe team in turning the game around.

Well done to all those fans who made the trip. I could hear you on the radio. Shame it had to be a mid week game otherwise I would have been there. Now lets really get behind the team this Saturday and who knows, top of the league by 5pm?

Indeed. It's a long way to go on a Tuesday night.

(As an aside, I see you avatar campaign succeeded!)

We made it down ok, left Billericay at 2.15 and was in the pub by 4.40. Coming home went along the M27 towards Southampton, picked up the M3, to then find an accident reported at J3, so cut across on the A31 to Guildford. Home in Billericay again by 12.35. Great night, stadium although old school was ****, toilets awful, no food when we arrived (apart from 30 hot dogs). Atmosphere best ive been involved in for a long while, even when we were losing. Great night, obviously the result has a major baring on this. UTB

Back