• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who else was in the Prince of Wales Pub

Csboy

Manager
Amazing scenes in the pub after the game with celebrations going on for several huors including a conga up the stairs.

The locals just stared at us and thought we were all crazy. Well done to everyone there for making it such a fantastic occasion and also to the staff there for making us feel so welcome.
Even some Lincoln fans popped in to shake hands and say well done.

Yep...I was there in the light blue away shirt and all manner of paraphinalia wraped around my head...I have to say, I rather enjoyed starting a number of the chants...most of which were graciously accepted and contributed to!
With regards to the conga...I found it particularly amusing when we got half way up the stairs, only to be turned away by the bouncer!

As that Welsh comedian Max Boyce put it "I was there". There really was a great atmosphere in the Prince of Wales both before and after the game and I do agree with you about the friendly staff even if they did seem to make up the prices of the drinks as they went along.

I was there!
It took me about 10 mins to convince them to let me have a bottle of champagne as they thought the glass ban would have been broken!

Still, it tasted SOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet!

Get in there u mighty blues.

indeed it was pretty special! ive never seen so many hen parties before, one of which asked us to be quiet!! but doing the conga and the discos, one of my best memories of my Southend career!! although i did have to head off upstairs for a while due to a very thumping head ache!!

Yes, what a great atmosphere and the chants of 'EASY EASY' whenever the hen parties went up the stairs seemed to amuse eveyone!

Also liked the inflatable European Cup, maybe....just maybe!

Where did everyone end up that night?

I went to Relax & Jumping Jacks but didn't bump into any 'obvious' shrimpers.

We went to my mate's house in Trefforest where we went to a pub and had a few more sing songs, once again the bouncers were cool about it.

met a few crazy locals including cardiff fans who kept singing WE LOVE SPENCER PRIOR, then back at my mate's house sprayed champagne everywhere and then went for a run around the town wearing nothing but southend flags!!

the poor locals, they thought they'd never see us again after 2 defeats, they were wrong! it was bloody awesome

I was there.....what an atmosphere!

I was standing at the bar when some bloke asked for a bottle of champagne (it must have been glasgowblue..hi). The poor girl behind the bar had obviously never sold such a bottle before and took an age before appearing with a rather nice bottle of Veuve Cliquet.

BTW how much did they charge for it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RootsHallRush @ May 29 2005,21:38)]Yes, what a great atmosphere and the chants of 'EASY EASY' whenever the hen parties went up the stairs seemed to amuse eveyone!

Also liked the inflatable European Cup, maybe....just maybe!

Where did everyone end up that night?

I went to Relax & Jumping Jacks but didn't bump into any 'obvious' shrimpers.
there was a hen party in the yard, was having some great banter with them

hen night give us a song!

"You always cheat on your husbands" to the tune of theres only one team in essex

and

"you can stick your rampant rabbit up your arse"

were the highlights for me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ May 29 2005,22:58)]there was a hen party in the yard, was having some great banter with them

hen night give us a song!

"You always cheat on your husbands" to the tune of theres only one team in essex

and

"you can stick your rampant rabbit up your arse"  

were the highlights for me.
There was also a little ditty about 'flicking the bean'. What tune did that go along to?  
laugh.gif

Me and Einstein were in there giving it plenty. Also, thanks to the person who handed in my specs to the bar. Must of slipped out the old pockets when doing the conga!

biggrin.gif

I was there "lets all have a disco, lets all have a disco....."

Some of those girls on the hen night were fit as “easy, easy….”

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpereeee @ May 29 2005,22:15)]I was there.....what an atmosphere!

I was standing at the bar when some bloke asked for a bottle of champagne (it must have been glasgowblue..hi). The poor girl behind the bar had obviously never sold such a bottle before and took an age before appearing with a rather nice bottle of Veuve Cliquet.

BTW how much did they charge for it?
£30, so not bad seeing as it was on offer in the Duty free shop in Stansted on my way home for £20!

As you say, they obvisously don't sell a lot of champagne in the PofW, the guy who actually served me had to get his supervisor to show him how to open a bottle of champagne, I mean I ASK YOU!!! You would think that at least one supporter of every team who gets allocated that pub & is in a victorious mood would splash the cash for the champers!

Anyway, shame I never knew you were a fellow SZer, I did wonder if any of us were in there!

I was there and my favourite moment was when a TV crew came to side doors and beckoned us outside to do some celebrating. Loads of us rushed over only to be told by the bouncers we couldn't go outside with our drinks. So we had the surreal site of us all "celebrating" like caged animals while they filmed outside! - Hillarious.

I was in there till about 7.30 then had to head of and find a Hotel for me and the G/F, we ended up driving 7 miles out of Cardiff...she was very inpressed with the Singing and how crazy Southend Fans where in the pub and in the Stadium!!

We never got back till last night.... best weekend Ive had for years !!

WELL DONE SOUTHEND UNITED FC and a MASSIVE THANYOU !!

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Yeah quality atmosphere in there afterwards, the cow girls were very nice. stayed in there till about 12, singing "lets all have a disco", great day out will never beat it.

i left pretty early and think i missed the core celebrations! was under strict instruction by the missus to get back so i could go for a meal that night with her family. managed a quick pint before arriving home at 9.30, missed the meal, got a bollocking from the missus and was refused any 'action' that night because of it. it was well worth it though, wish i stayed longer now - cant beleive i missed the conga!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ May 29 2005,23:09)]Me and Einstein were in there giving it plenty. Also, thanks to the person who handed in my specs to the bar. Must of slipped out the old pockets when doing the conga!

biggrin.gif
Indeed an excellent time after the game.

Anyone remember the new 'Nic Nic Nic Nicolau tune'?!

Back