• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who is the most annoying person in modern politics?

Who's the most irritating person in modern politics?

• David Cameron

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Ed Miliband

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • George Osborne

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Ed Balls

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Boris Johnson

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Other/please specify

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
"Call me Dave" Cameron described Ed Balls the most annoying person in politics yesterday.
Personally my vote would go to Boris Johnson or "Boy" George Osborne.
Any other candidates?

Anyone that has never had a proper job and views politics as a career. I'm thinking of those that graduate, work as SPADs for a few years and are then given safe seats.

This probably describes most of the names that will be mentioned here.

Tony Blair. I find it very difficult to put into words quite how much I dislike the man. Close second is Gordon Brown. I find both of them so much more annoying than anyone else in current 'front line' politics.

That ginger drink of water with the spectacles whose name escapes me. And I don't mean Chris Evans.

Ha!On Question Time last night someone in the Stratford audience called Ken the "real Mayor of London." Boris was on the panel too.:smiles:

I find it unsettling that a raving anti-Semite like Livingstone is still in the political fold, let alone regarded as the 'real Mayor of London' by anybody. The Mossad boys should arrange a tennis tournament in London, just for kicks.

Ha!On Question Time last night someone in the Stratford audience called Ken the "real Mayor of London." Boris was on the panel too.:smiles:

Livingstone was over on that "10 O'Clock Live" at pretty much the same time. Not that I could watch it for long, it's still a bit studenty for my tastes.

I saw bits of Question Time, but didn't catch that remark about Livingstone being 'real Mayor of London'. Sounds like sour grapes to me. Ken was the 'real Mayor of London' for eight years and then he lost. He may become 'the real Mayor of London' again next year, but until such time, he's just an activist with plenty of influence, but no power.

Livingstone was over on that "10 O'Clock Live" at pretty much the same time. Not that I could watch it for long, it's still a bit studenty for my tastes.

For studenty, should I read amateur?

Mitchell and Brooker are the only two who seem to have any opinions on anything at all. Laverne's in to look pretty, while Carr's in to pull in the jokes and, unfortunately, the format just doesn't work. It's a shame, because there's definitely room for more topical television but this is just a poor man's Rory Bremner hour.

I find it unsettling that a raving anti-Semite like Livingstone is still in the political fold, let alone regarded as the 'real Mayor of London' by anybody. The Mossad boys should arrange a tennis tournament in London, just for kicks.

As I recall, Ken had a spat with a journalist who happened to be Jewish.He made a stupid remark but I don't think that exactly makes him "a raving anti-Semite."

As I recall, Ken had a spat with a journalist who happened to be Jewish.He made a stupid remark but I don't think that exactly makes him "a raving anti-Semite."

I think he has a little more previous than that. This is worth a look:

Is Ken Livingstone Ahmadinejad’s Lord Haw-Haw?

'No person willing to broadcast anti-semitic propaganda on behalf of a repressive holocaust denying regime is fit to be Mayor of London or anywhere else come to that, except of course Tehran.'

Hazel Blears. Or Harriet Harperson. Or maybe D. Milliband, or his brother. Red Ken I just ignore his nasal tones. No, the most annoying person in modern politics is the speaker - so bad even the Tories hate him now - and even worse than his predecessor the Glaswegian bully. Bring back Betty!

Back