• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stop it now James, I know there have been good GK captains, but these are all exceptional people. As a general rule, you want your captain out on the field, and not restricted by being right at the very back and potentially far away from incidents/action.

I will die on this hill.

2008002-david-seaman-arsenal-captain-and-goalkeeper-gettyimages.jpg

I believe there are two often captains these days club and team . I f that is a system CP employs then White may well get the club captain role, but I am not sure he will start enough to be captain on the pitch

I think JW is the best man for captain but don’t see him being in starting eleven each week as I expect he will be seen as cover for Turner and Kiernan. Therefore I think he will go for someone he wants on the team sheet. I reckon Turner, or possibly Cox.

I thought John White had been denounced as not good enough for this league by many on here? And the league below for that matter. Quite a turnaround for the boy - he's now captain material apparently.

Personally it doesn't matter to me who is captain - it's a bit of bandage on an arm. Unless there's a player whose ego is massaged by that sort of thing, so will play better with the bandage on.

Stop it now James, I know there have been good GK captains, but these are all exceptional people. As a general rule, you want your captain out on the field, and not restricted by being right at the very back and potentially far away from incidents/action.

I agree - too far away from (say) a striker that is getting into some niggles with a defender and needs a little "advice", too far away from the management team to get instructions and too far away to talk to some team members who need telling what they should be doing (or not doing) e.g. stay out wide or man mark an opposition player.

A defender is ideal for me because they can see the game in front of them and can be in contact/communication with the whole team.

Back